Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CPU maxing out  (Read 4491 times)

schmuttis

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CPU maxing out
« on: May 20, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »

I'm running AHP and Vanguard on the same PC and the CPU is maxing out. I've stopped every service that I don't think is needed but I'm still having problems. When the CPU is maxed, timers aren't turning on modules so this is a problem. I run both AHP and Vanguard on the same PC so Vanguard can switch between my cameras.

Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 10:45:12 PM by schmuttis »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: CPU making out
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 01:42:52 PM »

I'm surprised you have vanguard working with AHP.
I had noting but headaches with the two, just couldn't get them to play nice.
you should use the iwatchout (video plugin) for AHP  it really is better and gives you more options.
 I suspect Vanguard is causing the CPU issue
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

schmuttis

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: CPU maxing out
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 10:57:33 PM »

Tuicemen,

I did have my cameras set up in AHP and it was much nicer than using Vanguard but my real need is to see the cameras on computers that aren't running the X10 software. I tried using MyHouse to view the cameras in a web browser but found that MyHouse wouldn't work since I have a webserver running on port 80. Do you have any suggestions as to how to use the software remotely - meaning on other PCs or over the web?

My X10 software is running upstairs in my office and I'd like to view the cameras downstairs in the kitchen or in a browser while away. I've put so much time (which I really don't have) into trying to get this X10 software working and am really frustrated with the results at this point. I think I would have been better off working with the sdk and writing some code.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.