Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SC1200 console won't arm with KR10A Keyfob!  (Read 6109 times)

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
SC1200 console won't arm with KR10A Keyfob!
« on: May 22, 2011, 10:23:02 PM »

Admittedly, I have no zones installed but I doubt that is the problem.  My system came yesterday short of any door/window sensors so I've just been playing with the console this evening (Yay!  Dialed my cell phone after pressing panic button.  Was somewhat concerned about that as I remember reading that alarms may not work with my cable telephone service.)  Anyway, the fob I have has four buttons only.  Panic, Stop (which indeed silences and/or disarms the system)  and tghe two light buttons, but pressing the panic button for two blinks of the red light doesn't arm the console.  Hanging on it for several more blinks triggers it.  I've taken the batteries out and tried re-registering it but that was not successful.  I haven't tried the other keyfob or the SH624 (I don't have enough batteries for it).  I thought I'd check here for a possible simple explanation before registering the other keyfob.  Thank you! 

bigdogtec

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: SC1200 console won't arm with KR10A Keyfob!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 10:50:49 PM »

I have the same problem -- The box on these remotes says KR10a but if you look on the back of the remote it says KR16A -  I think they labeled the romote boxes wrong - I sent an e-mail to them and am waiting for a reply - Heres the link for e-mailing them http://www.x10.com/support/forms/order-support-request.html

ratchet

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 05:54:29 AM »

I have the same problem -- The box on these remotes says KR10a but if you look on the back of the remote it says KR16A -  I think they labeled the romote boxes wrong - I sent an e-mail to them and am waiting for a reply - Heres the link for e-mailing them http://www.x10.com/support/forms/order-support-request.html
From reading about X10 support - good luck with that!  Thank you for the reply and the link.  At least this issue has sort of a work around in that one could set a decent delay time before activation.  It still disarms (haven't tried it from the garage) which would have been a greater inconvenience. 

p.s.  I believe this should be the link you should use:  http://www.x10.com/support/forms/support_sec.htm
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 05:59:50 AM by ratchet »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 06:22:59 AM »

I think the Chinese Factory put the incorrect part in the box.  ::)

KR16A?
Well a search of the X10 sites found no KR16A keyfobs or instructions.

A Google search found a vendor with them.
http://www.thehomeautomationstore.com/kr16a.html
KR16A "X10 Keychain Panic Remote". No users manual on the site but its description does not say will arm the system. It says it is an Instant Panic remote.

The KR10A clearly shows an Arm and Disarm button {not a Panic and Stop Button}. A panic trigger is holding both arm and disarm buttons of the KR10A.

It looks like the KR16A will not arm the system, just start and stop a panic trigger.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:21:01 AM by Brian H »

ratchet

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 07:48:21 AM »

I think the Chinese Factory put the incorrect part in the box.  ::)

KR16A?
Well a search of the X10 sites found no KR16A keyfobs or instructions.

A Google search found a vendor with them.
http://www.thehomeautomationstore.com/kr16a.html
KR16A "X10 Keychain Panic Remote". No users manual on the site but its description does not say will arm the system. It says it is an Instant Panic remote.

The KR10A clearly shows an Arm and Disarm button {not a Panic and Stop Button}. A panic trigger is holding both arm and disarm buttons of the KR10A.

It looks like the KR16A will not arm the system, just start and stop a panic trigger.

Appreciate the nice work!  Will be interesting to see how long it takes to rectify this issue.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 07:56:33 AM »

Yes it will be interesting how this one is handled.

ratchet

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 01:46:51 PM »

So this shall be he resolution, "I have submitted a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) to return those to get KR10A’s."  Not sure how long it may drag out though.  In one week of doing business with X10 I've learned your best chance for any interaction with them is via phone and/or a live chat.  Actually live chat seems to be as effective as the phone.  Any of the email links on their site I tried were a total waist of time.  Have never had more than just an auto reply for days using them.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 01:49:23 PM »

Keep us informed.
I hope someone actually checks the boxes in the warehouse and ships KR10s this time.

ratchet

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 06:32:01 PM »

Keep us informed.
I hope someone actually checks the boxes in the warehouse and ships KR10s this time.
The chat representative has been right on top of this.  I volunteered to take some photos, front and back and sent them and a link to this thread, particularly post #3.  He has given all of the information to his supervisor and they are supposedly checking their inventory.  Claimed they really appreciated that I contacted them.  You and bigdogtec are just as responsible.  I do find it kind of frustrating though that the issue won't be settled until the "wrong" remotes are returned since this whole thing is on them.  Just not a warm and fuzzy vendor.  On a better note though, I'm an old guy, so I'm only moderately techy at best but am finding setup reasonably easy.  Although at this point I'm only talking about motion detectors, the 16As and the SH624 remotes and entering phone numbers, time, etc. into the console, as I don't have the door/window sensors.  Often with things like that I have to read instructions a dozen times but I seem to be getting by with three or four reads!     

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 07:37:57 PM »

In the long run it maybe better for the return of the wrong ones first.
Some vendors like Smarthome will do the samething or do a cross ship. Though with a cross ship they charge you for the new ones if the old ones are not received back in I believe thirty days. After seeing your post on Credit Card refunds with X10 Sales.  :'

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.