Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My New X10 XX20A Cameras, and MS14A Motion Sensor, etc.... HELP!  (Read 5103 times)

havasufem

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi All:

I could use help. I am getting some interference.

OK so I got the following in the mail today from X10:

1 CR12A   Camera Remote
1 IN80A    XCam Primer
1 MS14A   EagleEye Motion Sensor
1 SC546A  Sensor Chimne
2 TM751   Small Wireless Transceiver
1 VR38A   Audio/Video Receiver
2 XX20A   Night Watch Wireless Low-Light B/W Video Camera

What I have & use at Home:
Netgear WNDR3700 Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
Motorolla Surfboard modem for internet and digital phone
HP Officejet 8500A wireless printer that the digital phone is plugged into for fax
3 Sony PS3 Wireless Connections thru Network
3 Laptop Computers (not all use Wireless N)
2 Cell phones that are hooked up to network occasionally.

Now I am getting a little bis of interference at some times and a lot at others. Sometimes it even drops signal all together. I live in a residential area of sorts in a small town! Any ideas on what my interference may be? Oh also one of the laptops that was turned on after I was testing the X10 camera connection would not even connect to the home network while the cams were on. Thank you all!  >!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: My New X10 XX20A Cameras, and MS14A Motion Sensor, etc.... HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 06:21:36 PM »

The wireless cameras {except the new Pro models} use the 2.4GHz band and can conflict with wireless networks.
Try all four of the Cameras Channels {switch under rubber plug} and match the receivers channel to the cameras.
You may also want to try and set the network to a different channel. Most have more than one to choose from.
There are tips here.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Wireless_Cameras

Also double check that only one camera is On at anytime or they will step on each other. The cameras addressable power supplies have to all be addressed on the same House Code and in a group of four Unit Codes. Turn one on the other three in the group go off. One thing to watch for. Motion Sensors have a dusk dawn sensor on the next highest unit code. So if you have a motion sensor on C1 dusk dawn is C2. If you have a camera on C1 and C2. At dusk C1 will go off and C2 will go on.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 06:30:13 PM by Brian H »

havasufem

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 07:10:49 PM »

OK Thank you! So the cameras itself have a setting as well.......  I thought the settings were just on the power supply! Now I am having a hard time ascertaining what rubber plug I keep reading about. Do I unscrew the camera itself?

havasufem

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »

I found the little rubber thingy in the top of the base! YAY[/font][/color]

havasufem

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 07:32:52 PM »

:)%   OK I changed the security and up speed because I think I was limiting my connections to wireless b! :( Well see how this works. I changed the channel to 1 and the cam to C..... Do you think that will work?

Ok it is now a much better picture. The way I wanted to set up the 2 cameras is one at front door and one at corner of house by my bedroom window. The receiver will be in my bedroom with a monitor attached. Now the motion sensor is the one that you can put at the end of your driveway to chime when someone comes. I also have the remote which I am not really sure why. I was hoping I could have both cameras on at the same time but it sounds like I will not be able to do this?

Also when i was testing the motion sensor/chime I had 1 lamp plugged into one of the small transceivers and whenever it would chime it would also click and/or turn on or off my lamp. I am sure it has something to do with the settings, but I just have to figure out how and what to change and to set them to. Now that I put the motion sensor at the driveway it is not working. LOL Go figure.

One quick specific ??..... The "house" A, B, C, D, E, F, etc... settings that are basically on all of the units, are these all supposed to be set to the same? i.e. C as of right now....
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 07:56:34 PM by havasufem »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 07:51:25 PM »

Not 100% sure what will happen. Best test is always actual results with the changes made.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.