Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible compromise/workaround for the SC1200 and answering machine issue!  (Read 2597 times)

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

So you want to secure 17 to 32 zones but you also want to be able to access your answering machine and the 1200 console.  I turned off the AM and called home (I have ISP cable phone service.  Not aware, one way or the other, about DSL filter) with my cell phone.  The console answered and accepted my pin.  Then I turned the AM on and, indeed the answering machine answered.  It did seem to me that the default 1200 delay and the number of rings before the answering machine answered were about the same length of time, although that is irrelevant to my solution.  I did notice that my cell stays connected to the house for an additional 10 seconds or so after the machine stops.  Perhaps there is some default time I could change to delay hang up and increase the 1200s answer delay but I believe that has been tried.  What I do think might work is, if you plug the AM (no battery backup) into a timer.  The better ones accept clips.  You could power the AM on for 10 or 15 minutes two or three times/day.  Say noon, early evening and before you go to bed.  Of course if this worked you wouldn't know the exact time of the call but that doesn't seem like it would be very high priority.  I honestly would turn the AM off if away but that would drive my wife crazy. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.