Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: XCam Pro??  (Read 36874 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
XCam Pro??
« on: May 25, 2011, 11:43:23 PM »

Hi guys anyone have any word on the new x10 cameras? I was wondering if this new receiver they are raving about is really that much better. I was actually going to sell all my x10 stuff camera wise and buy something more sophisticated and with better reception but if the receiver is really that much better I might just try to upgrade the better receiver. I've been complaining about the poor reception due to the directional nature of the antenna system for years so hopefully this will resolve the problem. Looking forward to anyone how has first hand experience with the new cameras and receivers.

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: XCam Pro??
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 06:42:40 AM »

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=1t3tmi0c6skkg2qqc3ih24obr1&topic=23613.0

You will not be able to just get a different receiver.
The camera and receiver use a different frequency. Old camera with new pro receiver are not compatible.
http://www.x10.com/promotions/xx30a_ed_xcam_pro_premiere.html#own
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:48:09 AM by Brian H »

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 11:32:26 AM »

I can see where users are a little confused.  This statement is on the Xcam Pro page. 

"X10 COMPATIBLE! XCam PRO cameras work with your other X10 surveillance products. All you need is the Video Receiver PRO (included)! " 

This to me gives you the idea that all your old cams will work with the new receiver.

They need to also put on there that you will probably need a Y splitter if your going to use it with your old receiver and cams.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

tom j

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 12:46:00 AM »

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=1t3tmi0c6skkg2qqc3ih24obr1&topic=23613.0

You will not be able to just get a different receiver.
The camera and receiver use a different frequency. Old camera with new pro receiver are not compatible.
http://www.x10.com/promotions/xx30a_ed_xcam_pro_premiere.html#own

Say thanks Brian! well guess I'll be moving on seems like if they had been smart enough to just upgrade the receiver they could have made a bundle but that's x10 for ya!

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 12:48:08 AM »

I can see where users are a little confused.  This statement is on the Xcam Pro page. 

"X10 COMPATIBLE! XCam PRO cameras work with your other X10 surveillance products. All you need is the Video Receiver PRO (included)! " 

This to me gives you the idea that all your old cams will work with the new receiver.

They need to also put on there that you will probably need a Y splitter if your going to use it with your old receiver and cams.

Thanks Hawk1 I definitely agree, thanks for the feedback!  :)%

Tom j.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:59:30 PM by tom j »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 06:12:14 AM »

A new receive for the same quality camera. Probably would not do too much. As you would still have the 2.4GHz sharing with other devices and the cameras properties.

hawk1

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 09:32:44 AM »

Your welcome Tom J.  Just trying to give back a little.  In other words, if you want to use the feature of the new Xcam Pro "will not interfere with your wireless network"  you would have to get rid of all your old Xcams and just use the new ones.

So in all actuality you can't have that feature and be compatible with the old Xcams.  This is kind of a contradictory statement.  In my opinion anyway.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 12:28:07 PM »

The web page says you can still use your original cameras and receiver with the new cameras and receivers. When they get the software updated to do both.

tom j

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »

Your welcome Tom J.  Just trying to give back a little.  In other words, if you want to use the feature of the new Xcam Pro "will not interfere with your wireless network"  you would have to get rid of all your old Xcams and just use the new ones.

So in all actuality you can't have that feature and be compatible with the old Xcams.  This is kind of a contradictory statement.  In my opinion anyway.

Well that's a welcome feature, what frequency does it run at anyway, I do like the fact it won't interfere with my 2.4 stuff though. Thanks!

Tom j.

hawk1

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 09:16:41 PM »

I believe I read it runs close to 900 mhz.  But don't quote me on it.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 06:00:25 AM »

In the other XCam Pro thread referenced in my earlier post. Deemar chatted with an X10 representative and was told all the specifications. Including 921MHz for the transmit and receive frequency.

tom j

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 10:43:47 PM »

In the other XCam Pro thread referenced in my earlier post. Deemar chatted with an X10 representative and was told all the specifications. Including 921MHz for the transmit and receive frequency.

Thanks for the heads up well is their anyone able to evaluate the reception of the new cameras they still look kind of dorky this is the 21 century after all, and the design still looks like it's stuck in the 80s.  rofl  :)%

Tom j.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 05:54:46 PM by tom j »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 12:18:50 AM »

...........they still look kind of dorky this is the 21 century after all, and the design look like it's stuck in the 80s. 

I'd like to see X10 make a dome... (a small compact fixed dome) that the X10 Cameras could be mounted in. The domes really help to make the cameras more vandal/tamper proof and well as making it difficult to tell which direction the camera is pointing.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 11:55:15 AM »

Sound??
The XX3xA camera has a microphone, but the VR47A receiver only has video output?   B:(

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 12:44:40 PM »

Maybe a cautious choice.
In some instances. If you record the sound it is illegal.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.