Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: XCam Pro??  (Read 36878 times)

B.A.

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: XCam Pro??
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »

Sound??
The XX3xA camera has a microphone, but the VR47A receiver only has video output?   B:(

Maybe there is a "show subtitles" option. ;D

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 04:11:36 PM »

It makes sense not to use the audio... if you think about it.

If you came to my home... it would only be reasonable to expect to be seen by me, the neighbors, people who walk or drive by. It would be an UN-reasonable expectation to expect NOT be seen. Yet... if you don't see me, or anyone else while walking to my door. It would be reasonable for you to expect to be able to say something to a companion... in private.

That is the way (as I understand it) the laws were intended to be used in Ohio. It makes sense to me. I don't use audio, and even if the laws were changed to allow audio... I don't think I would. I have had the neighbors over to see the camera views and demo for themselves. Cameras can add a lot of security and peace of mind... without infringing on privacy.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 05:22:13 PM »

I guess it all depends on what your using them for.  If you use them for bird watching or animal watching I would like the capability to use audio.  The big thing is that if your going to use the microphone as one of its selling features, then you should be able to use the dang thing.  IMHO 

You know if X10 put this kind of info out BEFORE everyone bought one they wouldn't have all the returns or rants that they have.  Now there selling a product that you can't use completely.  X10 just got on Facebook and responded to my post saying yes the ones going out right now don't have audio, but there contacting the factory to get the audio ones.

Why sell the dang things then!  Wait just a little bit and sell it with the receiver that its supposed to have.  Now all the users that bought this little gem are probably going to be upset and want to return the items, because now they have to buy another receiver later to get something that they already paid for.

Don't get me wrong, I love X10 products, and I have them working, but come on X10!

Just my 2 cents.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

griswold

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 08:15:44 PM »

I took the plunge and ordered the new XCam Pro wireless camera system.  I received an email offering a special pre-order price which included an extra camera bringing the total to 4 cameras and a complete set for viewing on the computer and smartphone.  The price was offered at 249.99 with free shipping.  I also "Like" them on FB and saved an additional 15%.  I called their Tech Support and spoke to Tyler who was very helpful with answering all my questions and never felt like I was a bother.  The cameras do run on 900 mhz, they currently will not work with the 2.4 ghz cameras but I too saw something about upcoming software that might allow that.  Tyler was not aware of that.  The cameras are on their way from either China or Japan and should arrive in a few weeks.  I will certainly post here once I have given them a good try.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 06:32:07 PM »

I took the plunge and ordered the new XCam Pro wireless camera system.  I received an email offering a special pre-order price which included an extra camera bringing the total to 4 cameras and a complete set for viewing on the computer and smartphone.  The price was offered at 249.99 with free shipping.  I also "Like" them on FB and saved an additional 15%.  I called their Tech Support and spoke to Tyler who was very helpful with answering all my questions and never felt like I was a bother.  The cameras do run on 900 mhz, they currently will not work with the 2.4 ghz cameras but I too saw something about upcoming software that might allow that.  Tyler was not aware of that.  The cameras are on their way from either China or Japan and should arrive in a few weeks.  I will certainly post here once I have given them a good try.

Hi Grisworld and thanks will you post here after you evaluate them, sounds like you got a great deal! and I hope they work out for you.  :)%

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 07:40:59 PM »

I think they are going with the Pro style across the board.
I now see a Sentinel Pro on the sales pages.
http://www.x10.com/promotions/vk84a_ed_world_premiere_0602.html?EM

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 12:58:55 PM »

Manual for the VR47A Pro receiver is now online.
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/vr47a-no-audio-rx-om.pdf

My latest Adobe Reader is having problems with opening web linked pdf's. You may have to download the file to look at it.

Manual shows a single receive channel of 921MHz and a warning to keep other devices near 921MHz away from the receiver.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:03:33 PM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 06:59:42 PM »

FCC Database now has all the information. Including schematics, parts list, internal and external photos of the XC30A pro camera.
http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
Grantee: B4S
Product Code:-XC30A. Do not leave the - out of the search.

Data in the details tab of the search.

tom j

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 08:55:02 PM »

Anyone have one of these yet that can give a review and with the software or vaporware will the new cameras supposedly work with the older ones?? Thanks!

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 06:08:46 AM »

The web site is still saying Preorder your now. I don't think they are shipping yet. Though I believe someone here has one on order.

ErikP

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 04:41:32 PM »

The cameras do run on 900 mhz, they currently will not work with the 2.4 ghz cameras but I too saw something about upcoming software that might allow that.
ActiveHome Pro 3.315, which released Thursday morning (6/9/2011), added support for dual capture devices, with the intent of allowing you to use the new cameras without replacing all of your old ones.

you will still need a separate receiver for each camera system. They are locked in the hardware to their respective frequencies.  You can now connect both receivers to your PC through their own VA12 and ActiveHome can handle switching between the adapters and allow you to use both systems.

hawk1

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »

What about 2 va11's?

ErikP

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »

Those work too.  Sorry i should have used the more generic term "video capture device" instead of VA12  :)

hawk1

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 05:16:32 PM »

no problem.  thanks  :)

tom j

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 03:59:02 PM »

Say what about that Vanguard software does it really work with windows 7 I've heard mixed reviews. And I was thinking this 900 MHz thing might really be a great idea no more interference with my phones and router. But I'm still concerned about the software that and I'm waiting for a report from someone that actually bought one. Thanks!!

Tom j.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.