Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: XCam Pro??  (Read 36877 times)

griswold

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: XCam Pro??
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2011, 07:18:42 PM »

Okay, here is an update to my pre-order purchase.  I changed my order to include the four robotic bases to allow Pan and Tilt features.  They are offering them for $50 for the four to go with my cameras.  I also used the 20% discount from this weekend so the price even got better.  They are telling me the cameras should be in around the 3rd or 4th week of June.  I will let you all know how they work once I finally get them.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 07:24:01 PM »

Thanks for the added information.
We will all like to read of personal users experiences.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 01:14:05 AM »

Okay, here is an update to my pre-order purchase.  I changed my order to include the four robotic bases to allow Pan and Tilt features.  They are offering them for $50 for the four to go with my cameras.  I also used the 20% discount from this weekend so the price even got better.  They are telling me the cameras should be in around the 3rd or 4th week of June.  I will let you all know how they work once I finally get them.

Great can't wait!  :)%

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 06:52:40 PM »

Say what about the floods think they will be updating the floods with the built in cameras?

Tom j.

Bobcat

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 01:36:43 PM »

I'm on the fence about these things. Does each camera need to be connected to an electrical outlet ala X10 for control, or are they autonomous, battery-supported devices that are polled by the receiver? The images they show of homne exteriors would suggest the latter; however, they're very specific to show battery operated things with the batteries, but really show you nothing with respect to powering the cameras. Help?

tom j

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2011, 08:51:41 PM »

Anyone ready to report on these yet  ???

Tom j.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 11:42:40 AM »

I'm on the fence about these things. Does each camera need to be connected to an electrical outlet ala X10 for control, or are they autonomous, battery-supported devices that are polled by the receiver?
The cameras operate off line voltage from a "wall wart" transformer which can be turned ON and OFF by X10 control codes fed over the powerline. In multiple wireless camera systems, only one camera can be ON at a time. Powerline signals are used to insure this.

X10 does offer a camera battery pack, however it can run a camera for only about four hours.

Battery operated "things"?

Perhaps those are the motion sensors which can be used to  turn on appropriate cameras and start VCRs or computer video logging.

http://www.x10.com/homepage.htm

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

tom j

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »

Say guys whats the night vision like on the new Xcam Pros? I'm assuming it's the same to the older XCams, with 20% off and free shipping I might have to try one of the newer cameras. Say think I can get anything for my older ones on eBay. Got some new in the box just never really happy with the reception though. Just which they had also updated the styling these still look kind of dorky. Thanks

Tom j.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 03:52:31 PM »

Say guys whats the night vision like on the new Xcam Pros? I'm assuming it's the same to the older XCams, with 20% off and free shipping I might have to try one of the newer cameras. Say think I can get anything for my older ones on eBay. Got some new in the box just never really happy with the reception though. Thanks

Tom j.

I can't speak for the new cameras, but I was never happy with the "low light" capabilities of the older NightWatch cameras. I found I needed way too much light to get any sort of image (X10's definition of "low light" and my definition were very different).
I did find, however, that the microphones on those cameras were pretty good. The daytime (plenty of light) pictures were pretty good, too, (as long as the antennas were aimed exactly right).

rnorton888

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 04:56:51 PM »

I purchased the vanguard sentinals and should have them tomorrow. I will let ya know how the range does with the 900mhz as my range with current 2.4mhz ones suck.
Thanks
Randy

tom j

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 11:49:35 PM »

I purchased the vanguard sentinals and should have them tomorrow. I will let ya know how the range does with the 900mhz as my range with current 2.4mhz ones suck.
Thanks
Randy

Great rnorton88t I've been waiting on a report I was just never satisfied with the reception on the 2.4MHz ones looking forward to your observations. Hay and thanks Noam maybe they have improved them.  ???

Tom j.

rnorton888

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 03:29:29 PM »

I just got my vanguard sentinal with new 900mhz. I will only say I get about 10% better but thats at 20 feet then down hill from that point. Looks like I will be sending them back. I already have the 2.4mhz Vanguards and I can not see any real improvment over 10% at best and after 20 feet then it just does not work so trying to get it to my outside garage makes it usless. I was really hoping for a miracle from X10 but should have known better.
Tech said to check the other 2 camras so I will but will not hold my breath.
Anyone else get the new cameras yet? any word?
Thanks
Randy

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 03:36:37 PM »

Keep us up to date on the other two.
Slim possibility the one you tried is defective.
If all three are bad. Then either the cameras are no improvement or the receiver is bad making all of them look poor.

rnorton888

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 04:11:20 PM »

Just did number two camera. Same thing. Actually think the quality of picture is not as good as my other 3 vanguards on the 2.4mhz. I also turned off all other cameras and transmiter just in case that was messing with the 900mhz.
Even close as 15 feet the picture quality has a grainy look to it  and my others 2.4 are crystal clear but as usual they don't do ya much good if you can't get more than 25 feet without the picture looking like crap.
Thanks
Randy
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 04:52:01 PM by rnorton888 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2011, 05:53:26 PM »

Any chance you have another device using 921MHz or close to it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.