Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is a sensor that continually registered Tamper bad?  (Read 5042 times)

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Is a sensor that continually registered Tamper bad?
« on: May 30, 2011, 08:28:18 AM »

I've removed the zone, re-registered the sensor and zone and relocated it numerous times and with 1/2 hour will register Tamper?  Thank you!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Is a sensor that continually registered Tamper bad?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:42:37 AM »

Tamper so it is a DS12A Door Window Sensor.

Is it one of the ones with an external magnetic switch we where talking about?

Relocated physically or you tried a few different Zone Numbers in the SC1200A?

Did you register the DS12A with the top off?

Make sure the top cover is on tightly as it holds the tamper switch in the normal position.

If this is the only DS12A you have that is tampering out. You could be correct and it is defective.

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:23:43 AM »

Tamper so it is a DS12A Door Window Sensor.

Is it one of the ones with an external magnetic switch we where talking about?

Relocated physically or you tried a few different Zone Numbers in the SC1200A?

Did you register the DS12A with the top off?

Make sure the top cover is on tightly as it holds the tamper switch in the normal position.

If this is the only DS12A you have that is tampering out. You could be correct and it is defective.
Yes Brian, it is 12A.  I just ordered the external switches, the answer to question #2 is no.  I did not try another number for that sensor and am sure I registered correctly and the lid was fine.  I just replaced the zone with a new one.  I'll give it another go with a new zone number later today.
While you are around I have another question.  If we are away (like 500+ miles away) and there is an alarm, but none of my neighbors (who I intend to give remotes to) are home, will the console alarm indefinitely?  Can that damage it?  As I posted under Security>General, I'm not able to access the console during an alarm to disarm, if indeed I'm doing it properly.  No problem accessing it when not alarmed.  Thank you!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 12:44:35 PM »

Manual says it times out after four minutes and the sirens will stop.

I believe it will keep dialing all stored numbers until one of the called numbers answered and hit a touch tone key on their phone right after the message and before it tries to call someone again. Putting it into the listen mode. Where the console microphone goes On and the called party can hear what is happening. I have no thoughts on if the called party listens and then hangs up. If the console resets to answering the phone.

spectrum

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 07:33:51 PM »

I've removed the zone, re-registered the sensor and zone and relocated it numerous times and with 1/2 hour will register Tamper?  Thank you!

Don't know if this is your issue, but with the 8 ds12a door/window sensors I received, one was a complete dud, one worked intermittently when I moved the batteries around, and one would tamper out intermittently.  This was with Duracell alkaline batteries.  Turned out the positive end of the battery was not making good contact with the positive terminal of the DS12a sensor.  I took a thin nail and pulled the positive contact spring on the DS12a sensor out a little on all three so that a better contact could be made.  Cured the problem for all three.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 07:55:22 PM »

Good find.
Thanks for the information.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.