Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard .exe not installing PC software  (Read 4584 times)

js349

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard .exe not installing PC software
« on: June 30, 2011, 10:35:03 PM »

I have attempted to install the Vanguard software and the directories and files are being created all except the PC Vanguard software that allows you to set up the remote users  B:(. Does anybody have any idea what is happening? I've spoken with 2 tech support people and of course they didn't get me anywhere. Can someone post this executable or tell me how to get it please? It is not on the download page. Thanks!

js349

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Vanguard .exe not installing PC software
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 11:35:12 AM »

OK, got this figured out. Now I run the Vanguard software but neither camera shows video with Vanguard. I know they are working because I can see them on my TV when I hook up to it. So, any quick hits on what to check?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 03:55:03 PM »

What version of Windows are you using?
Which video adapter are you using to get the video into the PC?

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 09:41:18 PM »

Check your device manager ( in XP it is: start>control panel>system>hardware>device manager) make sure your video capture device is correctly set up with it's driver.  If not, you will probably see it with a yellow exclamation mark indicating a problem.  If that is the case, right click on the device and select update driver.  When you get the hardware update wizard asking if Windows can connect to the update server, select Yes, this time only and click next and follow the steps from there.  IF it still does not update, right click on it again and click uninstall.  Then restart your computer.  One of these methods should fix the issue. 

If the driver is installed correctly, others will have to chime in as it could be an issue with vanguard.  I do not use vanguard, so I couldn't be much help if that is the case.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.