Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3 problems with 1200 installation...  (Read 4529 times)

cscjjd

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
3 problems with 1200 installation...
« on: June 04, 2011, 09:27:55 PM »

Hi,

1. One motion detector (pms01) consistently gives false alarms (when mounted in different locations, when face down on a towel, when in the closed box (again, tried different locations).  The other pms01 works fine.

2. I have several double windows so am wiring two sets of mag switches onto each ds10a as per the instructions...

The first two installations worked great. 
The third one: neither mag switch is functioning (no red light) even though they were working when tested individually.  I am using new batteries form the same pack as installation 1 and 2, same wire, etc. If I hit the test button the 1200 responds.
Fourth one: mis-functioning exactly as #3.

3. The lamp module works fine from the 1200 and from both remote controls but neither key fob (kr10a) will work the lamp (though they both will arm/disarm the system).

Have fun and Thanks!!!

JD

cscjjd

Re: 3 problems with 1200 installation...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 10:43:54 PM »

OK, I stumbled across the answer to #2 just by chance.  It was my mistake...apparently by the time I was testing the 3rd and 4th installation I had forgotten that both mag switches had to be closed before beginning the test.  I am slightly ashamed to admit this rookie error but decided to post so no one else wasted their time on this one (and I am a rookie at this and I was getting really tired and...  :))

I can still use help on the other two problems (1 and 3).  Thanks!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 07:11:14 AM »

1. Is the sensor mounted so sunlight or a heat source is being detected? The PMS01/MS10A uses an PIR sensor and detects temperature changes.
The PMS01 has a downward detection angle. How high is it mounted. X10 and X10Pro reccommend five to six feet from the floor and pointed straight out.

3. Try both light codes for the Lamp Module. SC1200A has Light Code and Light Code +1 Unit Code. A1 and A2 default.

I know with the KR32A the light buttons do the second light code with a SC1200.

I don't have data yet on the KR10A but if you try second Light Code address on the Lamp Module. We will then all know which light code the KR10A controlls.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 08:30:12 AM by Brian H »

cscjjd

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 11:27:58 PM »

Great tip Brian -  I switched the unit code on the lamp module to 2 (as the light code on the 1200 is on 1) and the keyfobs now work great.
Thanks!

p.s. the motion detector is still a mystery as a second identical detector does work in the locations mentioned.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 06:06:57 AM »

Good test with the motion sensor.
Sounds like the problem sensor is extra sensitive or defective. Unfortunately I don't have a good way to test it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.