Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 3.315 updated and now Vid Problems  (Read 14727 times)

Winkman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
3.315 updated and now Vid Problems
« on: June 14, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »

HAd my system working perfectly for 6 months with 6 cams, now after doing the update from 3.314 to 3.315 i have flickering video and what seems like weak video signal . Flicker such as vid there one second then black screeen for a second then good video for a few mins. Nothing has changed in my hardware i just did the update. Was wondering if anyone else has seen the same problem. or what i should next.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: 3.315 updated and now Vid Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 12:51:40 PM »

As a test, try reinstalling 3.314, and see if the problem goes away.
3.315 added support for dual video sources, so there may be a bug that was introduced.
Which cameras are you using?
Which video capture adapter (VA11A or VA12A)?
What operating system are you running?

Winkman

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 04:11:03 PM »

Im Running Win7 Ultimate  Capture device v12A , 1 B/W cam and The 5 others i think are Wide eye Cams [ at work not sure ] had to turn off the two flood light cams months ago . [ junk ] I Will do a reinstall to 3.14 tonight . Can anyone tell me the  name of the Config file i need to back up for reinstall.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 04:14:51 PM »

Im Running Win7 Ultimate  Capture device v12A , 1 B/W cam and The 5 others i think are Wide eye Cams [ at work not sure ] had to turn off the two flood light cams months ago . [ junk ] I Will do a reinstall to 3.14 tonight . Can anyone tell me the  name of the Config file i need to back up for reinstall.

You shouldn't need to back anything up - just install over what you have.
Although, you probably want to make a backup copy of your .AHX file (where all your modules/timers/macros, etc are stored) just in case.

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 06:30:42 PM »

Thank you, I thought I was the only one going crazy trying to figure this one out  B:(.  Once again they fixed somethings and broke others!!!!!  3.315 screws up cameras where you get flicker, black screen, flicker, and then freeze if motion has occurred!! Just rolled back to 3.314 and everything is as it was - sigh!!!  When oh when will they do proper regression testing before releases???   Guess it's to much to ask as they have a built in base - us - to show them where they went wrong AGAIN!!

Now they have touted a new release of ActivePhone "Pro", has anyone tried it out yet and does it actually work with all modules or only the newer ones and the two way status reporting versions???

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »

I'll ask the developers to look at this thread. They may contact you if they need more information.

delibaker

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 06:48:36 PM »

If they send me a PM and I'll gladly give the them anything - info/files/configs/etc they might need to address this and any other issues. Until the camera issues are fixed I won't even try to test the "timer/macro fixes" of 3.315.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 06:51:02 PM »

If they send me a PM and I'll gladly give the them anything - info/files/configs/etc they might need to address this and any other issues.
They may or may not need more information, so stay tuned.

Until the camera issues are fixed I won't even try to test the "timer/macro fixes" of 3.315.
Actually, I have the answer on that one. It was a problem with time-based conditions in macros set to run from the PC. There was a bug in the code that reversed the logic of the condition. Macros that were downloaded to the interface didn't seem to have that issue.

Winkman

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 08:18:01 PM »

Well Guys I'm Back to 3.306 because that's the only version i can find on my Computer . I Would love to get back to 3.314 since 3.315 has Camera Issues Big Time with Flicker and Black outs, at least  on my sys . Where can i find 3.14 Download . I had no probs with 3.314 just need the install file. Please Someone.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »

ErikP

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 04:20:24 PM »

For those experiencing flicker in 3.315.  Have you tried disabling multi-stream view in the Video Stream Configure dialog (click the assign button on any camera module)?

I blocked it as much as I could, but it is possible to configure the system to wind up in a state where both video streams are assigned to the same camera.  Changing the active camera should fix this in most systems (that updates the stream states and should hit some of that blocking I mentioned to remove the flickering).

Failing that, turning off multi-stream view should completely stop frames from being generated outside the currently active camera's stream, and should eliminate the flicker that way.

delibaker

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »

Ok, gave it another shot following your instructions and the problem persists.  I only have 2 cameras setup, B1 & B2.  Clicking the assign button on camera B1 shows B1 & B2 are assigned to Stream 1 and no cameras on Stream 2.  Tried switching between cameras without any luck, still get flickering then frame freeze, tried the activate buttons also. Turned off multi-stream by unchecking the box and all I get is a  black screen for the camera view of either camera B1 or B2.  Tried a shutdown and restart of AHP and multi-stream box is once again check marked with the flickering/freeze issue!

Anything else I can try?

DeliBaker

Windows XP/SP3 AHP 3.315 - updated by universal updater, plugins - SmartMacros, IWatchOut, IWatchOut Mobile Pro, MyHouse Online, OnAlert, OnAlert Mobile, ActivePhone, HotBody Alert

ErikP

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 06:05:57 PM »

It sounds like your cameras should both be assigned to stream 2.  Try leaving multi-stream view off and assigning one of them to stream 2, do you still just get a black feed for that camera?  if that works try switching the other one to stream 2 and see if that camera works as well now.

The multi-stream view is saved in the ahx file, so if you exit AHP without saving it will reset this option.

delibaker

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »

I did as you suggested and and changed the video stream to #2.  I do get a video image on Steam 2, but as soon as motion is detected the video freezes - doesn't matter which camera.  Also there is no config save icon in the bottom right of the screen after changing the multi stream setting so I did manually saved to a new .ahx file and reloaded with the same results - video freezing.  Tried switching back to stream #1 and got flickering/freeze then crash of AHP.

Anything else I can try, just ask!

DeliBaker

rnorton888

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 10:47:28 PM »

Same thing here. Been working on it the last two days. 33.10 was working fine then upgraded to 33.15 and the black screen goes and comes. I also tried turning off the Multiview and black screen etc. Called X10.00 last night they new nothing about at tech support. Erik B tech 2 game me same instructions above and did not work. Now waiting for a real fix.
Thanks
Randy B:(
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.