Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lights going crazy  (Read 2803 times)

Ziv

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Lights going crazy
« on: June 17, 2011, 01:16:43 PM »

I have had x10 modules and ActiveHome installed for many many years. It has worked like a champ.... until last Monday. All of a sudden nothing can be controlled via remotes or ActiveHome software and the lights are coming on and going off all over the house with no rhyme or reason. I have disconnected the ActiveHome Pro interface  from the USB and the wall power and have removed the batteries as well. Still, lights are going crazy! Any ideas?

Thanks
Ziv

greenpjs

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Lights going crazy
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 01:47:50 PM »

I have had x10 modules and ActiveHome installed for many many years. It has worked like a champ.... until last Monday. All of a sudden nothing can be controlled via remotes or ActiveHome software and the lights are coming on and going off all over the house with no rhyme or reason. I have disconnected the ActiveHome Pro interface  from the USB and the wall power and have removed the batteries as well. Still, lights are going crazy! Any ideas?

Thanks
Ziv
What new electrical item did you plug in when the problem started?  Perhaps a new florescent light or a new compact florescent bulb.  Or, maybe a new TV with a switching power supply.  All these things can send out noise that mimics X10 signals and/or blocks the signals.  Good luck.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 02:55:44 PM »

Any other X10 Tranceiver in the home?
Any X10 RF Remotes or Motion Sensors?
Neighbor just got X10 and is messing with you?

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
http://www.act-remote.com/PCC/uncle.htm

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 03:19:54 PM »

If you plug the CM15a back in, and open up AHP, do you see it receiving commands?
What housecode are you using?
Here are a few things that I've seen cause similar behavior:
1) a remote (hand-held, keychain, etc) that is stuck somewhere, and the buttons are being pressed (under a couch cushion, behind a bed, under a pile of stuff on a table).
2)  a motion sensor that has weak batteries.
3)  a new neighbor that got X10, and it trying it out - that's why you want to look to see if the signals are being picked up by the CM15A, and what other signals (not on your housecode) you might see.

What types of modules do you currently have?
Are all of them misbehaving, or only some of them?
Are they all on the same housecode, or different housecodes?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.