Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: activity monitor message "Receive RF M MTCDDVD"  (Read 18207 times)

pondo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
activity monitor message "Receive RF M MTCDDVD"
« on: June 18, 2011, 10:36:58 AM »

Active Home Pro with lastest version 3.315  & new CM15A

my activity monitor displays several times each day the message at a specific time sometimes repeated in a few seconds, others in a few minutes, then a few hours later the same message string again from the  monitor message "Receive RF M MTCDDVD"

What does this mean?  I do have one or 2 Macros named "M2"  & "M3"  but they are not triggered at these times and the message does not identify with the prefix of "Macro" .

Also on the  "Find other computers" tab thaere is a red block at code "M1" with the date time stamp of the most recent message "Receive RF M MTCDDVD"

Can anybody explain where the why the CM15A and ActHm Pro is receiving & displaying "Receive RF M MTCDDVD"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: activity monitor message "Receive RF M MTCDDVD"
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 10:50:42 AM »

That message is from a Security Sensor checking in about every hour.
Do you have a Security Console?
Do you have any Security Sensors? DS10A,DS12A,MS10A,MS18A?

Do you have any of the AHP Plug Ins and if so which ones?

If you print out the Activity Monitor Screen. File Tab in Activity Monitor. Print Choice. There is extra information in the print out that does not show on the computer screen. Like "Security Module - Sensor Closed", "Security Module - Delayed Sensor triggered" Messages.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:20:12 AM by Brian H »

pondo

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »

thanks for your reply.

I have no security console nor any security devices either only
3 or 4 newest  appliance modules,
15 newest X10 pro relay XPS3 XPS Series 20Amp wall switches,
and 4 Leviton 4 way wired wall switches

Where is it likely that an RF signal is being transmitted and received by the CM15A  that is identified as " M MTCDDVD " ?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 11:48:27 AM »

If you print out the Activity Monitor. Does it give you any clues?

I don't see anything in you list of modules that sends an RF signals. Except the CM15A itself.
Do you have anything else? Like a repeater coupler?

There was a problem in an earlier version of AHP showing that message.
If we see more users reporting this and not an isolated problem. Maybe it crept back into 3.315
I can't test it myself as I have Security Modules sending messages periodically.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:42:08 PM by Brian H »

ErikP

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »

The M MTCDDVD has never really been fixed.  Somewhere in the system a security command is being read without a security code attached.  This is a valid extended command M MTCDDVD.  I am still hunting this guy, and I have plugged up several sources of this command, but it is still showing up on occasion.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 09:41:40 PM »

The M MTCDDVD has never really been fixed.  Somewhere in the system a security command is being read without a security code attached.  This is a valid extended command M MTCDDVD.  I am still hunting this guy, and I have plugged up several sources of this command, but it is still showing up on occasion.
Don't give up! The "hole" will be in the last place you look (of course).  ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 12:23:41 AM by Noam »

pondo

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »

Ok Folks, on trying to troubleshoot this repeated appearance of > activity  monitor message "Receive RF M MTCDDVD":

Its not comimg from either my wonderful Toshiba outdoor & Panasonic indoor Hunt, detect, shoot & record surveillance CAMERAS.

Its comimg from something in the CM 15A and/or the Active Home software--only AHP, with 2 plugins  "ANT" & "Smart Macros" installed.

I've de-installed the June 8-2011 version,  the most current version, and stepped back one version at a time with a reinstall back to  version 2-14-11 v3.306.  ( noteworthy, while I was using those earlier versions I don't recall any issues of the >activity  monitor message "Receive RF M MTCDDVD".

Its occurence now  with all  recent versions is not related to the most recent issues since my activity monitor has displayed 22 occurences since 8:51 am  until 1.05 pm today.

Can anyone give me any other suggestions how to stop this?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »

Ok Folks, on trying to troubleshoot this repeated appearance of > activity  monitor message "Receive RF M MTCDDVD":

Its not comimg from either my wonderful Toshiba outdoor & Panasonic indoor Hunt, detect, shoot & record surveillance CAMERAS.

Its comimg from something in the CM 15A and/or the Active Home software--only AHP, with 2 plugins  "ANT" & "Smart Macros" installed.

I've de-installed the June 8-2011 version,  the most current version, and stepped back one version at a time with a reinstall back to  version 2-14-11 v3.306.  ( noteworthy, while I was using those earlier versions I don't recall any issues of the >activity  monitor message "Receive RF M MTCDDVD".

Its occurence now  with all  recent versions is not related to the most recent issues since my activity monitor has displayed 22 occurences since 8:51 am  until 1.05 pm today.

This is a bug in AHP, and has been around for a while. The developers are still actively working on it.
My advice is to install the latest version (currently 3.315), and to keep checking the Software Download Page (http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm) for a newer version. (The built-in "check for updates" function is still broken - that's also on the list).

You can check the current "Bug List" (user-created) here:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22373.0

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 03:14:22 PM »

This is a bug in AHP, and has been around for a while. The developers are still actively working on it.
My advice is to install the latest version (currently 3.315), and to keep checking the Software Download Page (http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm) for a newer version. (The built-in "check for updates" function is still broken - that's also on the list).

You can check the current "Bug List" (user-created) here:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22373.0

I'm running 3.310, no plug-ins and my Activity Monitor shows no unusual entries, so I suspect it's one of the plug-ins is the culprit.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 03:22:10 PM »

I'm running 3.310, no plug-ins and my Activity Monitor shows no unusual entries, so I suspect it's one of the plug-ins is the culprit.
Dan -
I'm pretty sure it is one of the Security plugins that is causing this problem for some users.

Have you had problems with 3.315 at all, or is just that your 3.310 is stable enough that you don't want to mess with it?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 03:27:49 PM »

Sorry I saw that message with NO plugins. In my case I know it was the DS12A Security Sensors messages being logged in the Activity Monitor.

Adding the On Alert plug in did allow me to add the modules to AHP and see what message was from what sensor.

AHP 3.315.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 03:55:11 PM by Brian H »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 05:06:17 PM »

Dan -
I'm pretty sure it is one of the Security plugins that is causing this problem for some users.

Have you had problems with 3.315 at all, or is just that your 3.310 is stable enough that you don't want to mess with it?

I had tried 3.315, but had problems with it, so back to 3.310 as it's fine.  I had suggested that the next release of AHP use 3.310 as the base since I've had problems with all the releases post 3.310.  I keep copies of all AHP releases on a 250 Zip disk.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 08:05:41 PM »

Sorry I saw that message with NO plugins. In my case I know it was the DS12A Security Sensors messages being logged in the Activity Monitor.

Adding the On Alert plug in did allow me to add the modules to AHP and see what message was from what sensor.

AHP 3.315.

I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.
I don't know why more of us aren't seeing it, then.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 08:10:22 PM »

I had tried 3.315, but had problems with it, so back to 3.310 as it's fine.  I had suggested that the next release of AHP use 3.310 as the base since I've had problems with all the releases post 3.310. 
What problems did you have? Every issue that gets reported to the developers is something that they can add to their list to work on.

I keep copies of all AHP releases on a 250 Zip disk.
I keep them on my hard drive. (The Zip250 has been sitting in a drawer for a few years - Like the Zip100 I have in a box in the closet, I outgrew it, too!)

pondo

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 02:56:08 PM »

OK Noam,
so it, "Receive RF M MTCDDVD" is on somebody's bug list and some developer says "its persistent".

But when is some developer going to get it fixed?

It is not in my cases coming from any Security plug in, since only 2 Pluins, 1-Smart Macro & 2 Ant For My house.  Its not Hardware related and in fact can not be seen on the power line.

I have had the XTBM Volpmeter (the outstanding technical and reliable X10 signal meter from Jeff Volp ) monitoring my entire set up  and it never sees anything from the XTB-IIR repeater that the the XTB-IIR has sensed on either the power line nor from RF. 
The XTB-IIR never repeats any RF signal like is registered multiple times on my activity monitor as  "Receive RF M MTCDDVD" .

Can we persuade an X10 software fellow to please  work out the "persistencies" and fix this bug which is emaanating from software, without any trigger and cannot be seen on the powerline?
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.