Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: activity monitor message "Receive RF M MTCDDVD"  (Read 18203 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: activity monitor message "Receive RF M MTCDDVD"
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 03:01:08 PM »

Have you had problems with 3.315 at all, or is just that your 3.310 is stable enough that you don't want to mess with it?
I had tried 3.315, but had problems with it, so back to 3.310 as it's fine.  I had suggested that the next release of AHP use 3.310 as the base since I've had problems with all the releases post 3.310. 
What problems did you have? Every issue that gets reported to the developers is something that they can add to their list to work on.

I keep copies of all AHP releases on a 250 Zip disk.
I keep them on my hard drive. (The Zip250 has been sitting in a drawer for a few years - Like the Zip100 I have in a box in the closet, I outgrew it, too!)

The problems I had are already In the bug list.  That's why I went back to 3.310.

I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »

how is Receive RF M MTCDDVD affecting the functionality of the program?  It's there, but it's not doing any harm on my system. 
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 03:20:46 PM »

The XTB-IIR does not receive any RF signals and if no X10 RF receiver puts such a message on the line. It will never see it.
Neither would the XTBM.

Other than being in the log and troubling you. Is it effecting your operations?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 03:24:16 PM by Brian H »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 05:00:47 PM »

Try this:  Back up your .ahx files, then use the Control Panel Add-Remove to totally uninstall AHP and all plug-ins.  Use Windows Explorer to make sure all folders relating to AHP are gone.   Once that is done reinstall AHP and the plug-ins you have plus your .ahx files.   Hopefully those "Receive RF M MTCDDVD" will Be gone as well.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 05:30:30 PM »

The issue isn't a pluggin but a Security Sensor.
Even the SDK reports incoming RF from the problem security sensors.
If this reported activity is truly bother some it is easy to find the problem sensor! That is if it is yours and not a neighbours. ::) :'
Once you find the problem sensor, 9 times out of 10 replacing the batteries fixes the issue (at least in my case it did)

>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 07:57:37 PM »

The OP didn't mention that as the problem seemed to pup up when he got 3.315.   From his posts that seemed to be as that's how his post was made.  If it is from a neighbor who has X10 Security equipment it has to be a neighbor on the SAME transformer as pondo is. Maybe pondo needs to check that out.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 08:09:19 PM »

Dan; It is an RF command so the power transformer should have no influence on this problem.

pondo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 12:52:21 PM »

Brian H. 

in your reply #17 you wrote:
>>>>>>>> The XTB-IIR does not receive any RF signals and if no X10 RF receiver puts such a message on the line. It will never see it.
Neither would the XTBM.

Other than being in the log and troubling you. Is it effecting your operations?<<<<<<<<<<<

So you discount the XTB-IIR but the CM15A would receive an RF signal (remember it has an antenna and thats what it is for).  Then any signal activity emanating from the CM15A to the power line would be repeated by the XTB-IIR  and seen and displayed by the XTBM.

So then the activity  monitor message "Receive RF M MTCDDVD"  must be solely software generated by AHP and/or 1 of 2 plugins either Smart Macros or ANT.

So you don't think its a bother to you, but how about thousands of novices trying to understand or troubleshoot AHP  and the software developers ignoring for months or longer  with everyone to witness this obvious glitch in their programming skills.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 01:13:16 PM »

Pondo,

Try not to be so hard on the X10 programmers.  A couple of years ago the company got rid of their programmers (or they left, I forget).  Just recently we got some new guys that inherited the code sans documentation. 

IMHO, they've done a bang up job piecing it all together, and they're looking for the source of the problem. 

They're really trying, but the code is a mile long and had had too many hands on it, and no one told the new guys what was done, or when.

The code you are seeing is a result of a security sensor checking in.  This is strictly an encrypted RF receive.  The only way that action will make it to the powerline to affect your x10 system is if you had it set to trigger a macro, sending a plc command.  Since the source has yet to be tracked, I doubt that you can even map THAT particular sensor to a macro.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's being generated by the CM15A itself.  The CM15 has the ability to send an encrypted security command, so that it can emulate a security remote to disarm an X10 alarm system, but I don't think the coding on this has ever been perfected. 

For now, it's a glitch that we all live with, but just mentally ignore it.  It doesn't hurt anything. 

It's kinda like all the radio signals being received where you live.  They're all there, but you're not tuned into all of them at any one time, and they're not affecting your radio, or cell phone or garage door opener or wi-fi.  Infact, without the proper receiver, you'd never know they were there.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 01:24:05 PM »

I doubt that message would ever be transmitted on the power lines. It is a security type that normally is never sent on the power lines.
So the XTB-IIR or any other power line receiver should never see it.
We only volunteer here so we can't speak for X10 in any official way.

pondo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 03:32:26 PM »

well thanks guys. Knightrider, and Brian H.  I had guessed that AHP is code  with its archives and tracks lost, because when something is fixed sometimes others popup.

I know you guys are volunteers and you don't even have to respond to my questions, but I was hoping you and a few others had some direct influence, where I have none-ziltch- on the present software developers or correctors, but I don't want their jobs either.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 07:48:30 PM »

It maybe something in 3.315.  Everything from 3.310 on seems to have boatloads of problems Try backing up your .ahx files and uninstalling 3.315. Once that is done, reinstall 3.310 and the plug-ins and see what happens.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 08:25:31 PM »

It maybe something in 3.315.  Everything from 3.310 on seems to have boatloads of problems Try backing up your .ahx files and uninstalling 3.315. Once that is done, reinstall 3.310 and the plug-ins and see what happens.
Dan -
Remember, you said the same thing about 3.228, until you had to do a complete uninstall and reinstall and found that newer version worked fine on your system.
Every installation is going to be different, and there is no guarantee that 3.310 will have fewer problems for one user than for another.

You never identified the problems you had with 3.315, either.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »

The major problem was when AHP 3.315 was opened, it asked immediately for a download to the CM15A. If you didn't and closed AHP, then reopened AHP it asked again.   I don't need that irritation, 3.310 works the way I want AHP to work.  BTW as you may know, I have NO plug-ins, don't need any.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 07:23:08 PM »

The major problem was when AHP 3.315 was opened, it asked immediately for a download to the CM15A. If you didn't and closed AHP, then reopened AHP it asked again.   I don't need that irritation, 3.310 works the way I want AHP to work.  BTW as you may know, I have NO plug-ins, don't need any.

There is a workaround for that. When you exit AHP, and get the prompt to download, click "no" (as in, "No, I don't want to exit without downloading - AHP still exits). you won't see the prompt again until you make changes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.