Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chime not working  (Read 10656 times)

Mavrik

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Chime not working
« on: June 26, 2011, 11:48:09 PM »

I have a X10 chime that works with an eagle eye, but when I set it to chime with a micro event, no sound. AHP shows it's working. I have the chime set with the same address as the module I want it to report when activated via PLC.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Chime not working
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:14:55 AM »

I have a X10 chime that works with an eagle eye, but when I set it to chime with a micro event, no sound. AHP shows it's working.
Are you using the CM15A as your only transceiver, or do you have a TM751 or RR501 in the mix? Can you get the chime to ring from AHP manually?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Mavrik

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 01:20:56 PM »

I have a TM751 and HC50RX on-line too. Yes the chime will activate with an AHP command (clicking on the chime). It also will chime with a RF remote command.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 02:22:39 PM »

you have three transceivers all (possibly) picking up the MS signal and putting it on the powerline. The TM751 is impolite and can easily be trampling on the CM15A or HC50.

As a test, take the TM751 and HC50 out of the loop to see if the RF signal from the motion sensor is getting to CM15A and triggering the macro.

Also, since the TM751 is an impolite transceiver, I would leave it out. The HC50 is polite and will check for X10 commands on the powerline before transceiving the RF signal it is picking up. Same for the CM15A, it won't transmit PLC commands until the lines are clear.

Finially will the chime ring when you force the macro manually? If not check the activity log to be sure the CM15A executing the macro
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 02:40:30 PM »

... I have the chime set with the same address as the module I want it to report when activated via PLC.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Can you give us some more detail on which house-codes / unit-codes you are using, and what is assigned to each one?
Where do the macro and Eagle Eye fit into all this?

Mavrik

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 03:00:52 PM »

The HC50 is on a different house code. I'm not running a motion sensor for this action, I want it to chime when another module is activated. The chime works with every type of command except commands from the CM15A. Chime activation even shows (the little music icons) in AHP when the macro runs.

Noam, the chime is set for A6 (on the unit) to trigger(chime) from an event in a macro, also A6 on a light module that runs somewhere else.  I'm not using a motion sensor, I want an "alarm" when a lamp module is activated.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 03:16:32 PM »

The HC50 is on a different house code. I'm not running a motion sensor for this action, I want it to chime when another module is activated. The chime works with every type of command except commands from the CM15A. Chime activation even shows (the little music icons) in AHP when the macro runs.

Noam, the chime is set for A6 (on the unit) to trigger(chime) from an event in a macro, also A6 on a light module that runs somewhere else.  I'm not using a motion sensor, I want an "alarm" when a lamp module is activated.

If I understand you correctly, you want the chime to ring when the lamp is turned on, right?
First of all, that would only work if the light is turned on with an "A6 On" command sent over the powerline. If the lamp module is a SoftStart one (post 2008 or so), then AHP is sending it an "Extended" command to turn on at 100%, which the chime module ignores.
How are you turning on the light?
What does your Activity Monitor show when you turn on the light?

Mavrik

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 03:34:22 PM »

Correct.
The module is a LM465, so no softstart.
The macro command starts (from AHP timer) with a 'on' (not 100% command) command for the LM465.
The log shows the on command for the LM465 (and the LM465 module responds). I believe the software doesn't report 'slave' devices like the chime.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 03:41:13 PM »

Correct.
The module is a LM465, so no softstart.
The macro command starts (from AHP timer) with a 'on' (not 100% command) command for the LM465.
The log shows the on command for the LM465 (and the LM465 module responds). I believe the software doesn't report 'slave' devices like the chime.
Ok, I think I'm starting to get the picture. I need a little more clarification, though:

Have you tried creating a test macro with ONLY the chime in it, to see what happens?
Have you tried adding the chime to the macro (even though it should come on when the light does), to see what happens?
Have you tried running your macro with the Lamp Module unplugged, to see if the chime reacts? It is possible that the lamp module might be loading down the signal, and it is too weak by the time it gets to the chime to activate.

You might also try changing the chime to a different Unit code than the lamp (mixing module types on the same Unit code can cause strange behavior), and then adding it into the macro as a separate action after the lamp.

Finally, what version of AHP are you running?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:43:34 PM by Noam »

Mavrik

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 03:56:07 PM »

Yes, it works.
That was the first thing I tried, AHP doesn't offer the option to put a chime into a macro.
No, the chime is the closest to the TM751, but I see your reasoning. I use an anti-oxidation compound with "problem" modules to increase connectivity.
The chime works with other house codes, I was using it with a motion sensor before this.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 04:09:25 PM »

... AHP doesn't offer the option to put a chime into a macro.
I have macros that trigger my chime. I see no reason why it won't let you do it.
What model chime is it?

No, the chime is the closest to the TM751, but I see your reasoning.
Ok, now you have confused me more, so I have to ask more questions.
Why are you using a TM751? It is in "impolite" transceiver, and can step on other PLC transmissions.
What code are you using as the trigger address for the macro, and how are you triggering it?

The chime works with other house codes, I was using it with a motion sensor before this.
I wasn't suggesting changing the House code as much as changing the Unit code. Having different module types (lamps/appliances, lamps/chimes, etc) on the same unit code can cause some strange behavior, since AHP isn't sure which command it needs to send. I suggest using a different unit code for the chime.

You might want to upgrade to 3.315. You can get it here:
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

Mavrik

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 04:46:27 PM »

There is no chime at the right hand side when building a macro and I have chime icon in the AHP "room".
Chime model SC546A

I use the TM751 for my remote control to manually run things like cameras, etc. I didn't know there were problems with the TM751, to date, never had an issue.

I'm using an AHP micro timer (dusk) to start the sequence (I have several things that run, I need the chime to alarm at the start of the sequence).

Oh, gothca, I'll try changing the chime code and drop that into the macro. What module should I assign for a chime? Chime model SC546A

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 07:21:08 PM »

There is no chime at the right hand side when building a macro and I have chime icon in the AHP "room".
Chime model SC546A
The chime should show up in the list of modules in whatever room you have it in AHP.
You may need to scroll down in that list to see it, but it should be there, listed as whatever you called it in AHP.

I use the TM751 for my remote control to manually run things like cameras, etc. I didn't know there were problems with the TM751, to date, never had an issue.
The CM15A has an RF receiver in it (although unmodified it has limited range). If yours doesn't have the range you need, and/or you don't want to do any of the mods (one is as simple as taping the correct length wire  - or even a length of coat-hanger wire - alongside the unit), then you should use an RR501 instead of the TM751. The TM751 doesn't have a PLC receiver in it, so it doesn't know if anything is already transmitting on the line. This can cause it to "step on" the transmissions from another unit, and both signals get lost.

I'm using an AHP micro timer (dusk) to start the sequence (I have several things that run, I need the chime to alarm at the start of the sequence).
Sounds reasonable.

Oh, gothca, I'll try changing the chime code and drop that into the macro. What module should I assign for a chime? Chime model SC546A
You should set it up as a Chime Module (found in the "Other Modules" section).

Mavrik

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 10:32:05 PM »

Geez, the chime is offered, I only glanced for the "speaker" icon and didn't read for the module name. It works now with the chime added to the macro, it just triggered from the CM15.

Is the HC50 the "same" as the RR501?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 12:59:07 AM »

...... It works now with the chime added to the macro

Hey Thanks for the update! We really do appreciate hearing how things work out. Thanks again.
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.