Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: STRANGE ahp crashing problem  (Read 1797 times)

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
STRANGE ahp crashing problem
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:18:38 AM »

I know ya'll will say "another person with a crashing AHP"
Well.... this is a first for me and I thought I would pass it along.
1)running AHP 3315 with smartmacros and iwatchout (for the ninja pt control only... NO va11/12)  This has been working fine for months.
2)tried to print the status report (that uses the default printer only).... problem is that I HAD a lj4000 on my network as the default printer but the physical printer was replaced with a lj8000 (also networked) with a different IP address from the 4000.
3) the print job was in the 4000's queue and was failed out (DUH) so I deleted the print job and deleted the printer.
4) ran the HP network printer wizard to install the 8000 and it went ok, then restarted the computer.
5) AFTER the computer restarted, AHP would ALWAYS crash while it was displaying the plugins that are registered.
6) had to uninstall ALL of AHP and reinstall, reregister AHP 3315, smartmacros, iwatchout and things are working "normally" now.
  I NEVER would have thought that a failed print job and uninstalling a network printer and installing another network printer would have trashed AHP.  I am guessing that it might be something to do with the failed print job.... don't know?!?!?!
  Just something to remember when "you" make a system wide change... it MIGHT affect AHP somehow!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.