Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My garage stays on green light whether the door is open or closed.  (Read 12225 times)

tpstout

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I'm trying to get the iphone door opener to stay in sync whether the door is open or closed. This has become unreliable and needs to be addressed. I already have a replacement sensor and still can not get the red light to light when the garage door is open. Any help would be appreciated in trying to make this stable and reliable.

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Re: My garage stays on green light whether the door is open or closed.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:23:12 PM »

I have a setup on my garage door that is similar to what is needed for MyGarage, though I am not using DS10As with OnAlert.  As a matter of fact I don't have any security type modules that require OnAlert, so some of my comments on this may be a bit off. 

The first suggestion I would have is to check your DS10A sensor in AHP for correct operation.  When the door is open, does AHP indicate the correct state of the door?  Likewise, when the door is closed?  If that is not showing correctly, the problem may lie in the placement of your magnetic sensor.  If the sensor is set up to be near the magnet when the door is open, remove the magnet and check AHP and see if it indicates that the door is closed.  If that indicates correctly, put the magnet in place and see if AHP shows the door is in the opposite state.  If not, it could be that you need to get your magnet closer to the sensor.  Once you have things figured out in OnAlert, then jump into the MyGarage app and see if things are working.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

tpstout

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »

I noticed that when I use the regular garage door opener the state of the sensor shows correct that it is open when I just use the iphone it does not show the correct state of the sensor. I have the sensor in a L shape config. because the garage door has no flush areas. With that in mind is the iphone only to be used when you forget to close the garage door and not everyday use?

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 09:22:34 PM »

I have the sensor in a L shape config.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by an L shaped configuration, but if that means that one part of the sensor is horizontal and one is vertical, that is probably your problem.  Both parts of the sensor NEED to be parallel with each other and directly next to each other.  Weather it's vertical or horizontal shouldn't matter too much, but if you have it at the top of the door, horizontal works best.  You may need to mount a block of wood somehow to your rail for mounting the sensor to, but that can be tricky.  I actually fabricated some metal brackets that clamped onto my rail without disturbing the track for the wheels.

Did you try any of the suggestions from my first post?
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

tpstout

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 05:32:18 PM »

So with the L shape config that will cause the regular remote to show sensor in correct state but not the iphone my garage app to show sensor in correct state?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »

So with the L shape config that will cause the regular remote to show sensor in correct state but not the iphone my garage app to show sensor in correct state?
No. If AHP shows the door is closed, the app will ( should) show the same. That said, the L shaped config may end up not triggering the sensor properly. The magnet should always be parallel, not perpendicular to the sensor or magnetic switch for best results.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.