Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need guidance on X-10 hookup  (Read 3637 times)

wrightflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Need guidance on X-10 hookup
« on: July 01, 2011, 01:08:02 PM »

Hi, I have used X10 for years hooked up to an old TV/VCR combination.  It worked great!

The TV just died.   ???  I just bought a new Sanyo "Smart TV" flat screen and a JVC DVD/VCR combo.

What do I need to get my X10 cameras to work on the new equipment?  I have hooked up the DVD/VCR to the TV as instructed.  I have plugged the X10 receiver into the video in port on both the TV . . . then tried on the VCR.  B:(

I get no picture (TV is set on video).  By the way, I am not using the TV as a TV.  I planned to use it specifically for X10.

Can anyone help me out here?   :'

Thanks,

Marti

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Need guidance on X-10 hookup
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 04:54:34 PM »

The Video Inputs are Standard Composite Video?

Is there anything displayed from the X10Receiver? Like snow, black screen, white screen?

The DVD/VCR will display on the new TV with a tape or DVD correctly?

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Re: Need guidance on X-10 hookup
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 02:18:48 AM »

wrightflyer,

I can pretty much tell you that it is an input selection issue.  Just as you have to select the input on your TV that your VCR/DVD is connected to to be able to view that, you have to do the same on your VCR/DVD deck to be able to view the camera feed connected to the back of the unit.  The process for this differs between models, but you may want to look for an input select button on your remote.  In some cases, the video input is set to one channel below channel 2, so if you go to channel 2 and channel down once more, you may get it that way.  If all else fails, check the manual for the DVD/VCR to see how to select the RCA video input for viewing.

And remember to have your TV on the proper input also.  If you can view a DVD on the TV, then the TV is on the correct input.  From there just follow the steps above.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.