Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UPGRADE DOES NOT WORK  (Read 2128 times)

BARBI1239

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
UPGRADE DOES NOT WORK
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:19:21 PM »

PURCHASED X10 HOME SECURITY SYSTEM - FINALLY REIEIVED IT - WHEN INQUIRING ABOUT DELIVERY I WAS TOLD WINDOW/DOOR SENSORS WERE OUT OF STOCK WOULD BE IN IN 2 WEEKS - MY PACKAGE ARRIVED NEXT DAY - SUBSTITUTED DIFFERENT/UPGRADED SENSORS ( HA HA ) THEY WOULD NOT WORK WITH MY SYSTEM - NOW THEY WANT ME TO PAY TO RETURN THEIR JUNK.  HAVE HEARD OF 2 OTHER PEOPLE WHO PURCHASED SYSTEM - GOT THIS UP GRADE- WHICH DOESN'T WORK EITHER. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RETURN THE SYSTEM. BUT THESE JOKERS WON'T ISSUE CALLTAGS FOR THEIR ERRORS. THIS IS REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE - blah!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: UPGRADE DOES NOT WORK
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 06:11:56 PM »

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oadfhv28kv95bc1b1deqef9o00&topic=12842.0
If you give us some details. Many would be happy to assist you.
Both the DS12A and DS10A do work with the Security Console.
What did you get? Including model numbers.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: UPGRADE DOES NOT WORK
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 06:12:16 PM »

1. Quit screaming with all caps.
2. X10 really does not monitor this forum, so your rant is falling on ears that have heard this story before. AND many times the problem is not X10's. So take some deep breaths before going on.
3. The fact that you say "MY PACKAGE ARRIVED NEXT DAY - SUBSTITUTED DIFFERENT/UPGRADED SENSORS ( HA HA ) THEY WOULD NOT WORK WITH MY SYSTEM" tells me the problem is possibly at your end. Even though you did not bother to tell us which system you have, all X10 security sensors WILL work with any of the X10 security systems. So read the directions and try it again. Your base could be bad, but; how are you registering your security sensors? Do the arm/disarm remotes work? How did you test when you determined the security sensors do not work with the system?

We can help, but need information and cooperation from your end.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:39:44 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.