Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS12A Not registering with Active Home Pro.  (Read 5499 times)

bri-ko

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS12A Not registering with Active Home Pro.
« on: July 04, 2011, 10:31:50 AM »

I'm trying to install the DS7000 security pkg and bought the option for my active home to interface with he security sys.  I've currently installed three door sensors two of which register properly with active home but the third does not.  I'm thinking that the sensor may be too far from the active home interface and is not being detected.  My question is:  Can I use a transceiver to make this work.  I've tried on set to house code A but didn't seem to help.

TIA -:)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: DS12A Not registering with Active Home Pro.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 10:37:51 AM »

No.  The security sensors send a different type signal than the others (eagle eyes, hawkeyes, hand held remotes, etc.)
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

bri-ko

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »

Knightrider and all,

Thanks for reading/responding!  It seems I was right with the distance problem.   I just added a short piece of wire to the antenna connection on the DS12A and now it is recognized by Active Home.  it seems to be reliable now.

:)%

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 11:14:19 AM »

I love it when a plan comes together.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 11:24:26 AM »

The distance problem is really the CM15A having a real poor RF reception range. My CM15A received none of my DS12As until I did an antenna mod on the CM15A.
If you continue to have problems. Search the forums for CM15A Antenna Modifications. There are many varied ways to do it.

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »

Knightrider and all,

Thanks for reading/responding!  It seems I was right with the distance problem.   I just added a short piece of wire to the antenna connection on the DS12A and now it is recognized by Active Home.  it seems to be reliable now.

:)%
What/where is the antenna connection?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 06:08:14 PM »

The antenna on a DS12A is part of the PC Boards etched runs.
It is not clear if the user actually soldered a wire to the board or taped a piece of wire near it on the case. Like some of us do with a passive antenna.

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 08:14:33 AM »

The antenna on a DS12A is part of the PC Boards etched runs.
It is not clear if the user actually soldered a wire to the board or taped a piece of wire near it on the case. Like some of us do with a passive antenna.

In browsing around I did happen to find a thread mentioning where it was located and just tapping wire to any sensor.  Went quite a few days with my zone four, which is a usually open window, without a peep and then it started "Trouble Zone".  This is the zone I posted an image of that is in the same room as the console and that I moved the sensor from the right side of the window to the left.  It's been fine for several days then...?  We'll see how things go now.  Since they have a four hour block of time to "report" home these glitches can take a while to materialize.  If this works, I'll probably tape wire to all the sensors that are lying horizontal. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.