Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lg Chocolate Touch  (Read 11751 times)

janbo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Lg Chocolate Touch
« on: July 13, 2011, 11:41:30 AM »

Just bought a mobile app. Is there someway of getting this to work with a LG Chocolate Touch?

Have a good day.
Ron

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Lg Chocolate Touch
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 09:20:56 PM »

1.LG Chocolate Touch is NOT an X10 item. it's some kind of weird Verizon Wireless phone from 3 years ago.

2. You got X10, what do you have?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 10:04:40 PM »

Dan:

Maybe someone will got you a mobile app for your birthday.

Please re-read the above post.  The OP wants to know if the X10 mobile apps are compatible with the LG choco touch.

We know the Chocolate Touch is not an X10 item and he knows that, and now, so do you.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

janbo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 10:23:01 PM »

Yep it's just a weird ol cell phone from Verizon but it does have internet, blue tooth, and all the other stuff even 3G but it's not a smart phone. Yes I do have X10 toys. Are you one of those guys that find fault with everybody? I thought my posting was clear but I'll try to make it clearer. I bought the mobile app to use with X10 to control the X10 installed in my home with my weird ol cell phone but am unable to install the software on the phone. My question is there someway to the ol phone for controlling X10 by internet with the cell phone. I do have AHP, CM15a,SC1200. Just finish building a 220 voltage controller for use with X10 and would be nice for remote control of it.

Best Regards
Ron      

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 06:21:03 AM »

Ron, Welcome to the X10 forums.
Thank you for the added information on the X10 equipment you have. As it may assist in finding you an answer.

B.A.

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 06:29:24 AM »

Which mobile app did you purchase? The X10 mobile apps just send an invite "link" to your email which you open in your phone's
browser and bookmark it. I don't know anything about that phone though.....

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 07:16:34 AM »

The mobile apps don't actually install on the phone. they are all web-based (and can therefore be accessed from a PC, too!).
The browser on your phone might not be capable of rendering the web page correctly, the only way to know if to try it (or perhaps find someone else with the same model phone who already has the plugin, and ask them!).

If you've been trying, and the page won't load, try loading it up from a browser on a different PC (not the one running AHP and the plugin). Also, you must keep AHP open when using the mobile plugins.
If that works, then it is a limitation in your phone. If that doesn't work, then something isn't configured right, and you might still have a chance.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.