Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Floodcam light issue  (Read 3320 times)

elmo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
New Floodcam light issue
« on: July 20, 2011, 04:38:18 PM »

Hi!  Just got a new floodcam to replace an old X-10 motion sensor floodlight.  I've got one issue that I can't seem to make sense of.  I'm still trying to debug it, but it looks like I get one shot per day.  The deal is this:  the floodlight triggers on in broad daylight, but only on the first sensor trip of the day.  I have the floodlight control dialed fully to Dark.  The time delay is mid way on the dial.  Camera mode is Manual.  Channel is D.  So yeah, if I walk out in front of it as 2pm on a sunny day and it hasn't been triggered all day, it will turn on the light and camera.  The light will not turn off until I manually send an M1 off to it.  Then if I walk back out, the sensor will see me and turn on the camera only, like I want it to.  If I turn it off, it will continue to work as I like, until the next day.  It seems that after sunrise, it will turn on the light again, even if the sun is shining.  I have to repeat the M1 off and then all is fine for the day.  I'm not sure what's going on with it, as the fact that the light control is fully turned to Dark, I should never see the light on during the day.

Am I clueless or do I have a defective device?  Other than that, it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for any input.  I've been searching around but haven't found an answer yet.

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: New Floodcam light issue
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 02:13:49 PM »

Hi Elmo, 

I have (had) the same problem and I called support who determined it was defective and gave me a RMA, which I have not returned yet.  I did however do some searching after the call to support and found others were having the same or very similar issue.  I found these two posts:

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=17704.0
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=14546.0

The first link refers to changing the bulbs to a 65 watt incandescent which may have helped some but did not fix entirely for me; as my lights still come on randomly in daylight even though I have the dark setting selected.
The second link refers to creating a macro to eliminate the floodcam lights to remain on and this help me with that issue.  And from what I read in your post is already sounds like you have a macro for it.  I think it is some flaw with this floodcam, as I too had the X10 flood light without the cam and that worked perfectly for many years and still does.  I just wanted to add the cam feature.

Maybe someone else can chime in with their experience or fix.

Cheers,
Nate

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.