Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Raid!!  (Read 18330 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Raid!!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 02:07:23 PM »

The XTB-IIR isn't all that involved to install for a homeowner who is comfortable adding new circuits to their breaker panel.
Based on my experience, it should be a piece of cake for any decent electrician to do.

I got a little fancy with my installation, adding a 220V disconnect plug (not required, but Jeff recommends it), as well as a pair of "test" outlets, one on each of the two circuits I added for the XTB-IIR.
Even with all that, and my going VERY slowly while working in the panel, it still took me less than an hour to do it all.

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 10:27:41 PM »

Rube Goldberg machine
  :P

You guy's are correct.

Having a hard time with how some new stuff for me/us helps the Developers knock back
the Bug List?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 11:08:03 PM »

Having a hard time with how some new stuff for me/us helps the Developers knock back
the Bug List?

Your signal propagation issue (the reason you are running TWO CM15A's) has nothing to do with limitations in the software, but rather limitations in the design of the X10 transmission protocol and the hardware that uses it.
Jeff designed the XTB-IIR (and its predecessors) to overcome those limitations, by not only bridging the two phases together, but providing a boosted signal point at that bridge location.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 05:39:59 PM »

Why swark?  X10 is fun when everything works the way you want.

Just an example:  .................I decided to run it and see what it does.  It updated my AHP from 3.310 to 3.16. (which was in the Buggy Releases folder)  It worked PERFECTLY, all timers ran exactly as written.  So I moved the file to the main part where all the other "good" releases are.

WHAT????

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 06:01:18 PM »

Just an example:  .................I decided to run it and see what it does.  It updated my AHP from 3.310 to 3.16. (which was in the Buggy Releases folder)  It worked PERFECTLY, all timers ran exactly as written.  So I moved the file to the main part where all the other "good" releases are.

WHAT????

That was MY reaction, too!  ;)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »

..................It updated my AHP from 3.310 to 3.16. (which was in the Buggy Releases folder)  It worked PERFECTLY, all timers ran exactly as written...............

WHAT??????

Dan, r u saying 3.316 has macro timers and dawn/sunset that actually work????

I gave up trying to make these work 3 years ago!!!!!!!!

r u suggesting I should try again???

PS: regarding XTB-IIR, I agree, it takes x10 from a single room usefulness to a whole house usefulness... but it still crashes other repeaters necessary for whole compound use.  with house, detached garage & 3000ft2 office and further detached barn, the xtb-IIr needs adjustable TIME DELAY on repeat to make it more useful.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 08:08:21 PM »

..................It updated my AHP from 3.310 to 3.16. (which was in the Buggy Releases folder)  It worked PERFECTLY, all timers ran exactly as written...............

WHAT??????

Dan, r u saying 3.316 has macro timers and dawn/sunset that actually work????

I gave up trying to make these work 3 years ago!!!!!!!!

r u suggesting I should try again???
My comment was referring to the fact that Dan tried a new version, and didn't have any problems! ;)
As for the time-based conditions, the bug was fixed in 3.315. According to the developer, it only affected time-based macros that were run from the PC (those that were downloaded and run from the CM15A were not affected). Apparently, there was a bug in the logic code, which switched the true/false nature of the condition, so it would work backwards if the condition was run from the Pc, but it would run correctly if run from the interface.
I definitely think you should upgrade to 3.316 (if you haven't already), and try again. Please let us know if you still run into problems with the conditions, so I can report that back to the developer.
PS: regarding XTB-IIR, I agree, it takes x10 from a single room usefulness to a whole house usefulness... but it still crashes other repeaters necessary for whole compound use.  with house, detached garage & 3000ft2 office and further detached barn, the xtb-IIr needs adjustable TIME DELAY on repeat to make it more useful.
I haven't used mine with any other repeaters. I don't know if I'd suggested this at any point to Jeff, but it would be neat if there would be a way to interface multiple XTB-IIR's together, using a cable of some sort (even better if a cable wasn't needed)!.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 06:27:17 AM »

Option 8 in the XTB-IIR allows you to set it to Only one repeat. To prevent ping pong signals.
Though the other repeaters may not be so tolerant or have an option to suppress signal ping pongs.

If your other repeaters are ACT repeaters.
They also have an option to not repeat known repeated signals.
They also have a terminal block in them to use a hard wired connection between them. For a SCC signal.

Some repeaters like the HCA02, the Smarthome Dryer Outlet and the XPCR. To name a few. Are known to do strange things. In some situations.

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 10:13:03 PM »

Sorry guy's

My original post was meant more like... I wish the Developers would fix (chip away at) the growing Bug list
with equal effort as Noam is compiling it.

I have been following along for a long time and visit here EVERY DAY.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 01:02:38 PM »

From my conversations with them, it seems there are a number of development projects at X10, and only a certain percentage of the time is budgeted for work on AHP.
As time has been available, the developers have been trying to track down the bugs, and squash them. It just seems like we go weeks (or months, sometimes) between releases, and sometimes there are only new feautures, with no bugs having been fixed.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 08:51:21 PM »

Follow up to my earlier comment on 3.316 : Yesterday I made a slight change to a single timer to add an "Off" time to it .  I cleared the CM15A of all timers and reloaded the CM15A.   Later I opened AHP and it wanted a reload to the Interface, so I did that and closed AHP.  When I opened AHP later, it wanted a reload to the interface AGAIN!!.    I closed AHP, backed up all my .ahx files and completely uninstalled AHP.   After that I reinstalled 3.310, opened AHP and reloaded the CM15A.   

Sounds like another bug in 3.316.  I moved it back the "Buggy Releases" folder on the Zip Disk.     
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 09:47:53 PM »

Follow up to my earlier comment on 3.316 : Yesterday I made a slight change to a single timer to add an "Off" time to it .  I cleared the CM15A of all timers and reloaded the CM15A.   Later I opened AHP and it wanted a reload to the Interface, so I did that and closed AHP.  When I opened AHP later, it wanted a reload to the interface AGAIN!!.    I closed AHP, backed up all my .ahx files and completely uninstalled AHP.   After that I reinstalled 3.310, opened AHP and reloaded the CM15A.   

Sounds like another bug in 3.316.  I moved it back the "Buggy Releases" folder on the Zip Disk.     
Dan -
I know that I already answered this one for you at lest twice, but I don't have the time to search for those threads right now.
This is NOT a new bug. It is an old bug that was introduced in 3.311, and added to the bug list back on 4/18.
While the developers have yet to fix it, there is a VERY simple workaround (in my opinion, at least).
When you get the prompt asking if you are sure you want to exit without downloading, just click "No." (The logic SHOULD be that you don't want to exit, and AHP should stay open. However, that actually closes AHP.)
The next time you open it, it won't prompt you to save changes until the next time you actually make any.
Try that, and let me know if it works for you the same as it does for me.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2011, 09:01:06 PM »

I want X10 to work and 3.316 does not deliver.   I went back to 3.310 because it works and does not nag me.  Timers and the single keypress macro work as established.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2011, 10:06:11 PM »

I want X10 to work and 3.316 does not deliver.   I went back to 3.310 because it works and does not nag me.  Timers and the single keypress macro work as established.
You can use whichever version you feel you want to use.
However, 3.316 works fine for me, and doesn't nag me, either.
I just have to remember to click "No" that first time after downloading. After that, I get no nag messages.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 10:11:25 AM »

The problem is I see it is EVERY time you make a change in a timer you have to to through the constant upload problem, and that's a PITA.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.