Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActivePhone Pro Room Issue  (Read 10138 times)

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
ActivePhone Pro Room Issue
« on: July 26, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »

Well I bit the bullet and bought ActivePhone Pro at the 20% off sale.  Hope against hope that maybe this time a  software release from X10 might actually work as advertised.  rofl.  Yeah right!!  When first loading, the phone shows the message "No Modules Found, Please add some to this room", then it will show every single module, macro, timer, security device, etc you have and you need to scroll through every device to get to the one you need, in my case that's 90+ items, since the "Room" function doesn't work. Module status accuracy is spotty, the ability to select multiple items is a definite challenge and the brightness/dimming slider won't go to 0% or off.  Just a few issues after using for all of 15 minutes.  Contacted X10 support and issues being given over to Level 2,  ::), let's see what happens next!  :'

janbo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: ActivePhone Pro Room Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 08:55:17 PM »

I also have the problem with the rooms button using the browser that came with the phone. Installed Firefox Mobile and now the room button works. Found one more problem and that is none of the modules would show up. After hours of setting up new rooms could get it to show only to have it stop working after adding more rooms. Found out if you add a room with a anything but letters it goes south, "dinning & kitchen" take out the & and it works. If you delete the room with out deleting them from trash bin, it's still in the program even it's gone from the Room menu. Still can't get it to work with the browser that came with my phone which is a Droid X2. Any ideas as to how to make it work????

Hope this helps.

Ron

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 06:28:38 PM »

Ron,

Thanks for the tip!!!  Can't get Firefox, my preferred browser, for my Samsung Intercept but Opera mini works.  It sucks that I have to install a special browser, using up precious resources,  just to get the functionality of X10 software to work as advertised.  Still haven't heard from Level 2 support, big surprise there right!  Gonna try to get my money back until they fix it to support the standard built in phone browsers.  Lot's of luck on my part!!!

Thanks again,

DeliBaker

tybirdtybird

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:19:17 AM »

I stop using active phone it sucks was thinking og trying the pro. I have iPhone I use x10 commander it's works better.

nvrpc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:19:57 AM »

Well I bit the bullet and bought ActivePhone Pro at the 20% off sale.  Hope against hope that maybe this time a  software release from X10 might actually work as advertised.  rofl.  Yeah right!!  When first loading, the phone shows the message "No Modules Found, Please add some to this room", then it will show every single module, macro, timer, security device, etc you have and you need to scroll through every device to get to the one you need, in my case that's 90+ items, since the "Room" function doesn't work. Module status accuracy is spotty, the ability to select multiple items is a definite challenge and the brightness/dimming slider won't go to 0% or off.  Just a few issues after using for all of 15 minutes.  Contacted X10 support and issues being given over to Level 2,  ::), let's see what happens next!  :'

It worked perfect for me the first time. I just put my e-mail address in the block, checked used WiFi security, made sure my active home controller was plugged into my USB port and hit send. When to my Ipad, put it on G3, checked my e-mail and there were two links, one for Wifi and one for Cell phone. I then bookmarked them.  I then opened the link and could select any one of the AM modules I have througout the house and turn them ON or OFF all will.

My only concerned was leaving it plugged into my USB port all the time with port 87XX open and hoping that if someone hacked the 128 bit wifi encription code they did have full access to my hard drive.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.