Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Two different PC Interface units?  (Read 2561 times)

whitenack

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Two different PC Interface units?
« on: July 28, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »

I am seeing two different PC interface units...  The one I see on most of the pages is the CM15A.  However, there is a really nice package at the bottom of this page that lists a CM19A.

Is this just an error?  What is the difference between the two units?  That package seems to be a killer deal at $49, but not if it is some sort of generic, or stripped down version of AHP.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Two different PC Interface units?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 06:33:08 PM »

The CM19A is a RF sender and receiver only. It uses the included TM751 to send power line signals. It can not receive any power line signals. Has no real time clock and memory to hold downloaded macros. The computer and AHP has to be running all the time for it to work.

The CM15A is a interface that can send and receive both RF and power line signals. Has a real time clock and memory to hold downloaded timers and simple macros. It can run with the computer off.

IMHO the CM15A is the only choice I would make.

whitenack

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Two different PC Interface units?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 06:40:26 PM »

The CM19A is a RF sender and receiver only. It uses the included TM751 to send power line signals. It can not receive any power line signals. Has no real time clock and memory to hold downloaded macros. The computer and AHP has to be running all the time for it to work.

The CM15A is a interface that can send and receive both RF and power line signals. Has a real time clock and memory to hold downloaded timers and simple macros. It can run with the computer off.

IMHO the CM15A is the only choice I would make.

Thanks again for the info.  Glad I checked.  I wish the website was a little clearer on that difference.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.