Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My incandescent lights will not turn off/on...  (Read 3416 times)

raccah

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
My incandescent lights will not turn off/on...
« on: July 27, 2011, 02:58:12 AM »

Well everything was fine with our three incandescent pendants until six weeks ago or so, when things went haywire. Sometime we could turn on the lights but not off, and sometimes we could not turn them on at all. To make things worse, all of a sudden one of the three pendants started burning out bulbs in a week or so, and we had them on only for 12 hours a week. When  they got stuck we flipped the breaker, waited some hours or days and tried reloading the CM15 and eventually we could shut it off.

Now, the thing will not listen to us at all, and we are at a total loss of what to do! The pendants are controlled by an XPFM inline module and is turned on and off by an XPT/XP2-W. We tried turning the pendants on or off with our remote and the CM15 software, nothing worked.

Please help!!!

Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: My incandescent lights will not turn off/on...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 06:07:01 AM »

Has anything changed in the house? Like a new electronic device or one was moved to a new location?

Are some of the lights brighter than normal and some dimmer than normal? That could indicate a wiring problem in the home. Like a poor Neutral connection.

raccah

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 12:00:17 PM »

Thanks for answering! No there are no new toys in the house, we are kind of boring people, no more stuff needed. The lights are not brighter, they seem pretty normal across the house or even in the pendants, which will not turn off  :-[

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:04:02 PM »

It could be a failing module.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:06:05 PM »

Thanks for answering! No there are no new toys in the house,
If the pendants are the only problem,  then like Brian said, it could be the XPFM. Does the XPT work for everything else? It could still be noise even if you have not got anything new. CFL bulbs can get noisy when they age. Also have you moved anything from one outlet to a different outlet? Pay particular attention to the circuit that feeds the pendent lights when looking for a noise source.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.