Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Receive RF means?  (Read 6063 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Receive RF means?
« on: October 29, 2011, 03:22:01 PM »

wits end here.....  constant A9 offs in sets of 3....

Receive RF A9 Off
Receive RF A9 Off
Receive A9 off
Receive RF A9 Off
Receive RF A9 Off
Receive A9 off

I can have removed from V572 and so it does not go on to say Receive A9 off just all Receive RF A9 off

I have one remote set to A for wifes bathroom hi intensity LED mirror lighting;  I took batts out of it.  no difference..... 

I do have an old rf repeater but unplugged it.  no difference.....

I have NONE set to transceive in cm15......

so please remind me what REceive Rf really means;  I do have a transceiver module in the house so the A codes get into the wiring (the V572 is outside on garage/workshop/office building and cannot see the remotes in the house)..... 

I've looked for another transceiver set to A plugged in somewhere, or my other rf repeater (cant find it) but dont see them.... Of course there is a Jeff V repeater on the 220 also....

I thought Receive RF meant the antenna on the cm15 sees the sig.  I thought the wall tranceivers captured the rf and sent it over the power line so it should show up in activity monitor as Receved not REcevied RF....  the repeating is also on the power line - I can see it on  my power line monitor.....  every 1 sec it is sent....

someone give me a sanity check please?

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Re: Receive RF means?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 03:53:04 PM »

Look for a remote with a button stuck ON.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

mike

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 09:18:52 AM »

I am so embarrassed...  I HAD looked for a remote button stuck on and found none. 

I just found it - the cats pushed it off a desk, it was at a 45 degree angle between it and the wall behind the monitor with of course top button getting pushed - A9 off.  sometimes for hours on end, other times just when I bumped the desk just right......

It also caused all DS10's to NOT report in and blink on the nearby DS7000 & new SC12A I am testing - THIS has been going on for weeks!  sometimes I couldn't even arm the DS7000!  I figured there was some kind of hi power 310mhz sig blanketing the airwaves but could never find it!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 10:02:33 AM »

I am so embarrassed...  I HAD looked for a remote button stuck on and found none.  

I just found it - the cats pushed it off a desk, it was at a 45 degree angle between it and the wall behind the monitor with of course top button getting pushed - A9 off.  sometimes for hours on end, other times just when I bumped the desk just right......

It also caused all DS10's to NOT report in and blink on the nearby DS7000 & new SC12A I am testing - THIS has been going on for weeks!  sometimes I couldn't even arm the DS7000!  I figured there was some kind of hi power 310mhz sig blanketing the airwaves but could never find it!

I suggest keeping the door to the desk closed.  Cats can't open closed doors yet.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »

Cats can't open closed doors yet.

Not true!  We have those lever doorknobs, and our Maine Coon cat can open them just fine.  He has this thing about wanting to open closed doors.  Of couse, he can only do it to doors that open inward.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 03:35:14 PM »

Replace the levers with doorknobs, cats of any type can't turn one.  Dogs can't either.  My Daughter and Son-in-Law have a Chocolate Lab named Lola who is the most laid-back dog I've ever seen, but she can't open a door with a doorknob .

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 04:02:04 PM »

Replace the levers with doorknobs, cats of any type can't turn one.  Dogs can't either.  My Daughter and Son-in-Law have a Chocolate Lab named Lola who is the most laid-back dog I've ever seen, but she can't open a door with a doorknob .
Hummm ???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-IfoGGUPDg
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pexWDe-Xik8
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 04:19:41 PM »

I figured there was some kind of hi power 310mhz sig blanketing the airwaves but could never find it!
X10 rule of thumb, but usually applicable to most everything:

"Look for simple explanations first".
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 11:54:21 PM »

Hummm ???
or
 >!

So, Dan Lawrence, is it true that crow tastes just like chicken?   rofl

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 09:38:39 AM »

This has come up more than a few times (usually with the remote under a couch cushion) which is why I expected this result. However, it occurs to me that it may be possible to build an inexpensive stuck remote locator using a battery, small RF receiver module and an earphone. I'll try to test this when I have some time - I'm not sure the data out line on the receiver will be adequate to drive an earphone. If it is, using it with no antenna (or a small inefficient one) would mean you have to get close to the source so it might help find the remote by getting you within a few feet.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

mike

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 06:20:50 PM »

hee hee!  I almost pulled out my 'ol heathkit grid dip meter with 310mhz coil to do this :)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 06:28:45 PM »

hee hee!  I almost pulled out my 'ol heathkit grid dip meter with 310mhz coil to do this :)
Plate, cathode, grid! I remember those!!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 08:16:07 PM »

Hummm ???
or
 >!

So, Dan Lawrence, is it true that crow tastes just like chicken?   rofl

>!

Doubt it.  Cat's can't, Labs can't.  We can keep Lola out of rooms by closing them.   

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.