Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with AHP problem  (Read 4051 times)

DavidH

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help with AHP problem
« on: August 16, 2011, 08:05:23 PM »

I have been using AHP and a CM15a successfully for numerous years.
A recent update has caused caused a couple of problems.  I fixed one problem when the update reset all of my lamp modules to soft start.  The second one I have yet to resolve.  I have a Floodlight Motion Detector (PR511) that triggers a Macro that rings a Chime (SC546), turns on a couple of lights waits a period of time and shuts them off.  This has been working fine for about 4 years.  Lately when the Flood light motion detector senses motion it floods the macro with continuous on commands and the Chime runs on and on.  Some times it quits after a few rings but not always.  If I turn off power to the Flood Light it stops.  It takes a couple of minutes before the CM15a recovers from this command storm.  I tried moving the Flood Lamp to a different house code where it is all by itself but that didn't help.

I am running v3.315 of AHP

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Dave

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Help with AHP problem
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:31:44 PM »

3.315 has both Lamps and Older Lamps (no Soft Start).   Lamps has basically Soft-Start modules and Older Lamps are for non-Soft Start modules. If you import a .ahx from an older version of AHP all modules will appear as Soft-Start when they are not.  You need to know what kinds of modules (soft-start or older modules) you have in your system and adjust each one to their correct type.  It takes about 15 minutes for each .ahx file to make the modules correct.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

DavidH

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:52:05 PM »

Thanks Dan.  I did resolved the soft start issue on the old modules so I am trying to fix this last problem with the Spotlight flooding the Macro.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 06:41:14 PM »

Try deleting the macro and rebuilding it from scratch.  It may have gotten corrupted.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

DavidH

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »

Hi Dan.  Thanks for the response.  I had a feeling that the Macro might be corrupt so last night I created a new one.  Now it doesn't respond. B:(  If I press the Macro button it works fine but for some reason the trigger from the spotlight doesn't seem to work.  I need to take a look to see if I missed something and get back to you.  If I have to I will take screen shots and post links to them.  I have never had problems like this in the last 5 years.  Grrrrr..

Thanks again,
Dave

DavidH

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 10:45:20 PM »

I have done some more testing with no luck.
I created a simple macro that will trigger after the Spotlight motion sensor is triggered.  See the link below for a screenshot of the macro and logs.

The Spotlight is located at F12 and has F13 and F14 enabled when triggered.
You will see at 9:24:11PM F14 and F13 (Front Light Macro).  To the right you will see the Macro and its sequence.  There is no recored of this in the logs and the bell didn't ring and the light didn't come on.  If you press the "Run Macro" button it works fine.

I also have a second spotlight and bell for the rear of the house and it doesn't run either.  I must be missing something or some setting but I can't find anything.

http://www.dbhimaging.com/images/x10-macro.jpg

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Dave

DavidH

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 08:32:21 PM »

I figured it out.  :)%
I read another post where someone was having problems with conditional Macros and how they seemed to be working backwards.  I had never used smart macros but in a recent x10 purchase I had received Smart Macros free so I had loaded them.  I figured I would add a condition and play with it to see if that was causing my problem.  WELLLL.....  imagine my surprise when I opened the conditional macro window above the normal macro and there was a condition there.  As a matter of fact, there was a condition in both of my macros that I had never entered.  I removed them and they worked.    WooooHooo  >!

Thanks for your help,
Dave

Well, I spoke too soon.  Now I am back where I started.  When the Spotlight motion sensor is triggered the Macro is triggered over and over and over .....  If I shut off the spotlight this stops.

I went back and added a flag into the macro and set it upon entry and clear it upon exit.  Then I added a condition if the flag is NOT set run the macro.  That seemed to work.  I sure would like to know what is causing the spotlight to continuously trigger. 

« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:36:53 PM by DavidH »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.