Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Specific order list  (Read 4152 times)

security285858

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Specific order list
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:51:33 PM »

I am looking for a package that includes Motion detecting cameras that records a video and alarms you when motion is detected. Once the motion has been detected, the software will display the video live on a pc or tv automatically. Also has the ability to tilt and pan with night vision. Each camera should have these abilities. Thanks for the help in advance

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Specific order list
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 08:19:11 AM »

Peruse X10.com

X10 cams do not have night vision. Even the B&W "low light" models needs supplemental lighting.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:22:42 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

security285858

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 09:45:55 AM »

I looked at them but I dont see any that will alarm you when motion is detected on the cameras. Also is there a way to show a live feed of all 4,5,6 etc. cameras at one time? thanks in advance

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 12:41:06 PM »

Only one X10 wireless camera can be sending a signal at a time.
More than one on will interferer with each other.

They have an addressable power supply.
All are set to the same House Code and in a Unit Code group of four. 1-4,5-8,9-12 and 13-16.
Turn one on in the group the other three go off. For a larger installation. The software has to turn off the one transmitting before turning on the one you want video from.

The motion sensors could also trigger an alarm and switch the cameras. Most likely through some software.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 02:41:38 PM »

Also is there a way to show a live feed of all 4,5,6 etc. cameras at one time?
Nope.
At least not using X10 wireless cameras like Brian has explained. You can watch multiple cameras on screen at once, if you use wired cameras and either a multi input video board on your computer or use a quad, or 8 or 12 input video processor. Typically a "quad" processor is used because anymore than four feeds on screen is difficult to see any detail.

Your requirements are pretty much eliminating X10. What about the multi camera security systems available at Sams Club and Costco?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

security285858

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 01:38:50 AM »

Ok I have two more questions. I know I cant view a live feed of everything but If I have lets say 6 camers set up, each of them is a motion detecing camera when motion is detected on any of them it will automatically start recording correct? If so how do I make it so that it will alarm me.

Question two:
What if I set up a netbook or laptop for each camera and had the live feed going for each laptop so I could view all 6 at once. Is that possible? Thanks in advance!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 06:04:23 AM »

X10 does not make a motion detection camera. You can use an X10 Motion Sensor, to send an On and Off power line signal. To the cameras addressable power supply. To trigger recording. Maybe a VCR commander.

They do make a combination motion sensor, camera and flood light. Called a FloodCam
http://www.x10.com/products/x10_vt38ac.htm

Question 2. All the 2.4 GHz wireless cameras share four selectable RF channels. More than one transmitting at a time. There is a good chance they will step on each other, even if each is on one of the four channels. They also share with things like wireless networks and cordless phones.
The new Pro Line cameras, video senders and receivers all use 921 MHz. So again more than one on is asking for interference.

If you need six feeds you may do better with a camera system made to do surveillance work.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:06:31 AM by Brian H »

security285858

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 07:58:17 AM »

Ok thank you!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.