Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: SC1200 Pulled???  (Read 53833 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: SC1200 Pulled???
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2012, 12:06:05 AM »

......so maybe they just had some manufacturing and distribution issues.

I think the biggest problem is within China. I am also sure its only human nature to do business with a firm/friend/vendor for many years and then forget the political nature of a co-op. A new (younger) board hires a new CEO, who takes the factory in a new direction? Apple even publicly complained about not being able to find enough electronic assemblers in China... and think of all the other brands of phones.

Home Automation has never been more than a niche market. I am sure as nearly as many get the "X10 newsletter" as do the "goat journal monthly" I don't think..... getting limited run electronic gadgets.. custom made.. is going to get easier in the future. Particularly with current global monetary issues. And.... the X10 protocol... is the most popular and best known. I worry about the entire HA industry.

It is nice to see a couple items return to stock.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2012, 06:46:59 AM »

I am sure as nearly as many get the "X10 newsletter" as do the "goat journal monthly"

Depends.....  People who raise dairy goats get the Dairy Goat Journal,  I have no idea about the publication for the people who raise meat goats.   But I also get the X10 newsletter.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2012, 10:07:50 AM »

.....  People who raise dairy goats get the Dairy Goat Journal

Whatever your reading or goat preference.... I only meant I know about as many goat owners as Home Automation users. It used to be pretty easy to pickup an X10 module at the nearby Radio Shack. And nearly impossible to buy goats milk at the local grocery. But times have changed.... and often NOT as we would have expected.

I don't know what's going to happen with Home Automation. But after a tiny little blitz of TV advertisement by both the alarm company's and the cable company for their automation features.... those ad's seem to have wained a tad. Even Z-wave... with the support and distribution advantage's of General Electric... is lesser known NOW than is was just a handful of years ago. As much as I really love HA.... and I know I am not alone... the affection and/or attraction does NOT seem to be universal.

X10 is by far the worlds best known and easiest to afford brand of HA products. And... at times they have lowered prices to a point of nearly giving away the modules. Yet shortages and other issues persist. It makes me wonder about the viability of the entire Home Automation industry in today's marketplace.

I sorta feel like a Fresca drinker... when everyone else is now drinking Tab. Or.... would that be the other way around?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 10:26:17 AM by HA Dave »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2012, 11:20:45 AM »

I bet most of the people you know are home automators and you and they don't realize it Dave.
Any one that uses a timer or an alarm clock, remotecontrol, or VCR is using home automation.
And those are just afew examples.
Sometimes people see H.A. as a jetsons world and only look at the big picture.
X10 users are the visionaries and see the small steps it takes to get total H.A.

When AHP first started adding plug-ins I asked for a phone plug-in and was told there wasn't the demand for such a thing.
Now look at the phone plugins and apps for this ::) :'
This Security console now adds that function as well!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2012, 07:13:37 PM »

I bet most of the people you know are home automators and you and they don't realize it Dave.

Your right. I don't count the automation devices that have become mainstream. I have known many people that were adults when they had their first car ride or slept through a winters night without shoveling more fuel into the furnace. Before the "Zenith space command" TV remote control.... my brothers and I were a form of automation ourselves. Years before I retired... the office where I worked installed [now standard] motion sensor light switches to save electric. Of course... some rooms found the employees moved too little to keep the lights on.

One of the early uses of X10 was to turn on the coffee pot. Now there is only that one Mr Coffee unit that doesn't have a timer. I know most people can get more than enough automation in their lives... without ever hearing about the products we deal with here. I think any really popular automation idea discovered here will be intergrated into products found on store shelves. In that reguard... we here are helping to automate the entire world.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:15:13 PM by HA Dave »

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2012, 01:57:50 PM »

Hay I subscribe to that Goat magazine been reading it for years, someone got a problem with that??  rofl   :)%

Tom

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2012, 04:58:39 PM »

Say seriously just saw the 1200 being advertised again wondering if they corrected the bugs that folks were complaining about like the lack of support for the large power horns, really glad X10 didn't fold with all the criticism I still like a number of their products.  :)%

Tom

fls

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2012, 06:56:07 PM »

Just received 2 new sc1200 and they were bad right out of the box. set up ok but next day i went to arm and it should fault with several sensors. i reinstalled them and it was good for about 4 hrs. and once again i had a problem with arming. both units had the same problem. I called x10 and they acted as if they had never heard of this problem, and said that the sensors were to far away from the unit. however the sensors are just feet away. sending 2 new ones and i guess i 'll see if they are any better.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »

Did the sensors with problems ever work with a console? Maybe they are bad and not the SC1200s. Though you are not the first one to have zone problems with a SC1200.

fls

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2012, 08:33:33 AM »

the sensors work with unit ok. i replaced the batteries first then i replaced the sensors with new ones. when i try to set the alarm it all works fine at first. after about 4 hrs it wont set. it shows a zone problem. sometimes it is one sensor and  the next time it might be a different one. if i open the door with the problem the unit will chime and then it will set again. i hope they get this worked out. i install a lot of x10 products and i hate trying to explain this to the customers.

Mr. Jones

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2012, 04:06:54 PM »

Now you guys got me thinking about those two bad power supplies I sent back that were supposed to be under warranty. I never did hear back from them. Time to make some phone calls.
Good luck with that.

I just wanted to tell everyone that X10 did refund my money under warranty for those two power supplies. I did have to call them every month and it did take over 4 months but it was credited. FYI

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2012, 04:12:47 PM »

Thank you for the update.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2012, 07:12:45 PM »

I just wanted to tell everyone that X10 did refund my money under warranty for those two power supplies. I did have to call them every month and it did take over 4 months but it was credited. FYI
Four months? Sounds like  a new form of check kiting, but this one is legal.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2012, 06:09:44 AM »

I believe someone else reported being told their RMA would take three months.  :o

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2012, 09:12:45 AM »

All,

The SC1200 was out of stock late last year, and unfortunately it did cause some delays getting replacement systems sent out to customers.

The SC1200 is in stock now and is shipping.  Any units that require a replacement going forward, should be handled promptly.

This thread has been beaten to death. Let's move on.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.