Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VA12A Problems...  (Read 12113 times)

ozdemir

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VA12A Problems...
« on: August 20, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »

So, i bought the x10 4 cam pro system, installed and registered via the email links, but when AHP starts up, i get this message:

"Warning

Your ActiveHome Pro system has the iWatchOut Plugin installed and registered but ActiveHome Pro is unable to connect to the the USB Video Capture Device.

Please check that the USB Video Capture Device is plugged in and working properly.CHeck that no other X10 camera software is running.  Only one X10 camera application can be in use at a time."

I have tried a couple of different solutions, but no success.

I formatted and installed XP OS because i tried this on my Windows 7 laptop and i noticed from the several different forums that AHP does not play well with Windows 7, but now i have problems anyway.

Any help?  I want this system up and running today.  Thanks.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: VA12A Problems...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »

Is your USB port 1.1, or 2.0? I remember reading somewhere that the VA12A requires a USB 2.0 port.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 09:30:06 AM »

VA12A requires a USB 2.0 port and I would use a direct jack on the computer and not go through a USB hub.

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 04:38:03 PM »

I just bought the I Watch Pro plugin and installed it on my Win 7 machine thats been running Active Home Pro for a couple  years with out any issues, and now all of a sudden ,my damn VA12 video cable can't be found! Whats going on? Yes it's on a 2.0 USB port, yes it's got it's own power source, I've tried it both on a hub, by itself, as well as on the system directly, and still, the same issue. Someone has to have some idea out there.....
Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 09:07:53 AM »

I just bought the I Watch Pro plugin and installed it on my Win 7 machine thats been running Active Home Pro for a couple  years with out any issues, and now all of a sudden ,my damn VA12 video cable can't be found! Whats going on? Yes it's on a 2.0 USB port, yes it's got it's own power source, I've tried it both on a hub, by itself, as well as on the system directly, and still, the same issue. Someone has to have some idea out there.....
Did you install the driver?
Does anything show up in the Device Manager when you plug in the VA12A? It sometimes shows up as an Intel camera of some sort. You can then go in and update the driver to the X10 one.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »

I've had issues with the VA12A on win 7.
And suspect it was a windows problem, things tend to stop working after updates to Windows.
In my situation I removed and uninstalled the drivers then reinstalled them.
Just reinstalling them didn't work. 
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 05:18:11 PM »

In responce to the last 2 posts, I've uninstalled, physicallly went through and removed any and all files and directories that weren't removed, ran a Registry cleaner to remove any broken links related to X10 entirely, then I reinstalled everything, minus the new plug-in, into a different drive/directory even, and am still having the same damn issue. Everything works great, but, get this, now I don't get the msg window at all, there's no warning that the VA12 isn't working. Yet when I open the video window, nothing but a blank screen. And as always, when I open up Device Manager, there they are, 2 Unknown USB devices.
   It makes no sense at all. And only something, some file, driver, installed by this plug-in that I can't get passed is causing all my heartache. I've been using my setup for a couple of years now with no issues and have loved it, and can't believe I allowed myself to do something so stupid like this.
   By the way, I should mention, I am running Win 7, but also X64bit, not the normal 32, maybe make a diff, I don't know.
Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.