Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Can't switch cameras?  (Read 18182 times)

bvrwally

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Can't switch cameras?
« on: August 21, 2011, 08:18:44 AM »

I'm running active home 3.316 with Iwatch & MyHouse on line software. My problem is I cannot switch between cameras. I at one time was able to? B:( Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ActiveHome..SmartMacros..MyHouseonLine...ActivePhone...IwatchMobilePro...HotBodyAlert

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Can't switch cameras?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 09:26:50 AM »

CM19A or CM15A AHP Interface?

bvrwally

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 06:59:02 PM »

Under my "Tools" option...it says: "CM-11 configuration" ?
ActiveHome..SmartMacros..MyHouseonLine...ActivePhone...IwatchMobilePro...HotBodyAlert

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 10:15:13 PM »

Under my "Tools" option...it says: "CM-11 configuration" ?
That was added in the last few versions, to allow AHP to control a CM11.

Which module do you have, though? The CM15 or the CM19?
The CM15 is a white box that connects to the PC using a USB cable, plugs into a wall outlet, and has a rigid antenna along the side.

The CM19 black, has an attached USB cable, and a short, loose wire antenna:

bvrwally

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 09:38:07 AM »

Yepper...the white one is what I have!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 05:25:52 PM »

I at one time was able to? B:( Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What have you done so far to investigate? Tell us what you have done so far will help us.

If everything worked once and now it don't,  then you need to figure out what changed. It could be a new electrical noise source blocking the X10 powerline signals to the camera powersupplies.

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Have you added any new electronics, even as insignificate as a new cell phone charger. Could also be noise from a CFL bulb.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:37:56 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

bvrwally

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 07:05:50 PM »

B:(
I installed “Iwatch Mobile Pro” last month, but was having issues with the cameras long before that!
I installed a “Signal Bridge” with in the last two weeks, thinking that may help? Nope. I don’t even get the LED to light? I installed the 19” copper wire to the TM 751 and no help either? I had just 1 CFL bulb for an outside security light, and removed that. I went as far as removing “ALL” X-10 switching modules! Disconnected the cordless phone, which could interfere with the signal!  I plugged the CM15 in a separate outlet with a switching module, and could not get it to activate the module? When I tried to download my new settings on my AH configuration….it shuts down and kicks me out? When I tried to do the camera  “Stream Configuration” I thought the cameras would show up as, ie. A-1, etc? All it showed was (*0)? Even after I unplugged each camera and re-installed them in the program mode?
Is it possible the eprom is shot in the CM15 and if I was to purchase another, would I need to download and re-register my software? What a PITA this has been!!!! I am an Electrical tech by trade, but this has been very frustrating!!!!!!! 

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 11:22:11 AM »

Is it possible the eprom is shot in the CM15 and if I was to purchase another, would I need to download and re-register my software? What a PITA this has been!!!! I am an Electrical tech by trade, but this has been very frustrating!!!!!!! 

The cameras are switched by PLC commands over the powerline. So if the CM15A can still control other modules and AHP is running normally, then it probably isn't the CM15A, other than perhaps the PLC camera ON command from the CM15A isn't getting to the camera power supplies. Do you had a Scan Pad remote? does it switch cameras? You have not changed unit codes on the camera power supplies have you, they must be addressed in groups of four (1,2,3,4 or 5,6,7,8...etc). When one camera in the group is sent an ON command the remaining three in the group automatically turn OFF.

bvrwally

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 11:55:48 AM »

I do have them addressed as such, ie. A-1 thru A-4? The palm pad does not switch them either any longer? Used to at one time, a very long time ago? I have deleted the cameras & re-added them to no avail? Shouldn't I see the LED flash on my bridge, when sending commands from my palm remote?

bvrwally

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 11:22:38 AM »

Would it be possible to "Un-install" my AH software & re-install and go from there? B:( I really want to get "Back-on-line" with this. I believe my problem started, when my computer crashed last winter and the hard drive was wiped and software re-installed. The X-10 had a newer version and my modules didn't recognize it, as they were the old style (8 years old)?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 01:59:20 PM »

Would it be possible to "Un-install" my AH software & re-install and go from there? B:( I really want to get "Back-on-line" with this. I believe my problem started, when my computer crashed last winter and the hard drive was wiped and software re-installed. The X-10 had a newer version and my modules didn't recognize it, as they were the old style (8 years old)?
You shouldn't have to uninstall. The newer versions of AHP added support for the newer "SoftStart" versions of the lamp modules and wall switches. Unfortunately, X10 didn't change the model numbers, which has led to a lot of confusion and frustration on the part of their customers.
When AHP was updated to support the SoftStart modules, they added a new category, called "Old Lamps - no SoftStart". The modules in there are the "older" ones, the ones without the SoftStart feature.
Try re-defining your older lamp modules and wall switches using the ones in that category, and see what happens.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 02:14:57 PM »

I do have them addressed as such, ie. A-1 thru A-4? The palm pad does not switch them either any longer? Used to at one time, a very long time ago? I have deleted the cameras & re-added them to no avail? Shouldn't I see the LED flash on my bridge, when sending commands from my palm remote?
If the Scan Pad does not work, it might indicate an RF problem, but you should still be able to control through the CM15A. Since the signal LED on your repeater does not flash, and your CM15A can not control cameras, can the CM15A control anything else? Is it working in other respects? Is the TM751 working?

bvrwally

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 02:22:13 PM »

Sadly, not a thing????? I even purchased a new one recently, thinking my other one was defective? Still no signals? (TM751 that is)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:25:25 PM by bvrwally »

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 02:54:26 PM »

Sadly, not a thing????? I even purchased a new one recently, thinking my other one was defective? Still no signals? (TM751 that is)
Well IMHO it is still suspect as a noise problem. The problem is likely on the same circuit as the CM15A, is the TM751 on the same circuit?

bvrwally

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 11:56:27 PM »

One thing that comes to mind now, that I think of it.....@ three years back, I changed all of my ballasts in the fluorescent fixtures in my garage. 36 total, to the new energy efficient ones. That is about the time I started to have problems??!! Now if I was to isolate them, I should see a signal show up somewhere in my system?? I was getting random lights turning on at various times, and recently, have had my door bell going off in the early AM??? I think I'll pull out my 'ol HeathKit O scope and hook it to my AC line and see what may be up???!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.