Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Can't switch cameras?  (Read 18192 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Can't switch cameras?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 11:59:45 AM »

Now if I was to isolate them, I should see a signal show up somewhere in my system?? I was getting random lights turning on at various times, and recently, have had my door bell going off in the early AM??? I think I'll pull out my 'ol HeathKit O scope and hook it to my AC line and see what may be up???!!!
Doorbell?? Is your doorbell X10?

Can't you just turn off your garage lights and see if your cameras start working?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

bvrwally

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 02:06:32 PM »

Yes...I connected a power flash to send a signal to my bell upstairs. Since I cannot see the door in the carport. I will try to run things with the garage lights off. Problem is, I am at the other home for most of the time. I want to monitor things remotely, when I cannot be at my Beach Home! The system ran well for @ 8 years, and I just now got back to trying to get it up and running as it once did. I recently purchased an Android Smart phone, and had it viewing just one camera. With all of the apps I have purchase thru X-10 over the years, and wanted them all to work, as they previously did! When I tried to "Download" my settings...AH shut down & kicked me out, for some strange reason?? Frustrating!   B:( When I do get the time...I will uninstall AH & try to re-install it and see what happens?? Some thing is corrupted in my DLL's I believe? I will copy all of my AH programs over to disk, before I un-install. Last winter, I had my computer at a local repair shop and I think programs got screwed up after that?
One way or another, I need this to work...I have way too much $$$ invested in it this at this time. Thanks for your time and advice! :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:13:42 PM by bvrwally »
ActiveHome..SmartMacros..MyHouseonLine...ActivePhone...IwatchMobilePro...HotBodyAlert

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »

I want to monitor things remotely,    The system ran well for @ 8 years, and I just now got back to trying to get it up and running as it once did. I recently purchased an Android Smart phone, and had it viewing just one camera.
OK, But in your original post about not being able to switch cameras, you were trying to control the cameras directly with AHP, correct? (not through the Android)
Also you imply that you have not been able to control the cameras for some time, so if the lights are the problem they would have to be on every time you tried to switch cameras. Does that make sense? I am asking because I may be leading you astray thinking it is noise. If you were trying to control the cameras from some remote location, that is a whole different matter.

bvrwally

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 12:07:29 AM »

Correct Dave, I was trying to switch cameras with AH and it does not work. I used to be able to switch them with AH and the pad. Lights off or on, no switching, but like I mentioned earlier, they used to switch just fine. Currently though....I seem not to be getting any signals out of the CM15, as if I did, the LED on my signal bridge should indicate them.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:18:01 PM by bvrwally »
ActiveHome..SmartMacros..MyHouseonLine...ActivePhone...IwatchMobilePro...HotBodyAlert

bvrwally

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 02:24:47 PM »

I deleted all of my cameras in AHP this AM and cleared the interface....re-installed them one-at-a-time, AHP still is not allowing me to switch cameras???? I know they act is if they all are on, as I am seeing their views when I swing the receiver module's antenna around???? Anyone have an idea???

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 02:59:16 PM »

I deleted all of my cameras in AHP this AM and cleared the interface....re-installed them one-at-a-time, AHP still is not allowing me to switch cameras???? I know they act is if they all are on, as I am seeing their views when I swing the receiver module's antenna around???? Anyone have an idea???
This is probably somewhere earlier in the thread, but I couldn't find definite answers:
1) How many cameras?
2) What HouseCode/Unit Code(s) are they set to?
3) What (if any) other modules do you have on the same house Code(s) as the cameras?
4) What does the Activity Monitor show when you try to change cameras?

bvrwally

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 01:59:37 PM »

I currently only have two cameras installed, after I unhooked two other ones. They are set to A1 & A2 respectively. There are no other modules installed with that code. The activity monitor shows me trying to switch & control the Ninja-pan VA74 cameras, but they do not? The RM pans them L & R & up & down but it doing both at once?? Can't control with AHP?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 03:32:23 PM »

For some reason. The A1 and A2 On commands are not being sent or being lost with power line problems.
When A1 is turned On. Any camera supply on A2,A3 or A4 should automatically go Off. With no added Off commands.
With both A1 and A2 ON. yes both will follow the same Ninja Remote commands. As both are On.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 03:58:27 PM »

For some reason. The A1 and A2 On commands are not being sent or being lost with power line problems.
When A1 is turned On. Any camera supply on A2,A3 or A4 should automatically go Off. With no added Off commands.
With both A1 and A2 ON. yes both will follow the same Ninja Remote commands. As both are On.

Don't the Ninja control commands go over RF, not PLC?
In that case, there may be some problem with the transmission distance.
Another thing to try would be to rotate the code wheels on the power supplies all the way around a few times.
It is possible that a dirty contact could be making one camera think it is on the wrong code.

bvrwally

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »

I will try to rotate the code switch, like you mentioned. Problem is...I only get there on the weekends to do so! :(
I added the proper length of copper wire, to enhance my distance and range of signal, by attaching it as mentioned to the antenna. Once I get the cameras to work, as they should,...I'll be one happy camper! :) l Like I mentioned in an earlier post....They worked well for the last 8 years, then when my computer went to the repair shop and returned....I started having issues.

bvrwally

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 02:22:52 PM »

Rotated the knobs on the cameras this weekend, and also changed the settings from A to C. Installed two TM 751 in different locations and was finally able to get control of the cameras with a hand held remote. Only problem now is the CM15 is still not controlling them??? B:(

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2011, 05:41:44 PM »

Only problem now is the CM15 is still not controlling them??? B:(
Still sounds like noise or coupling problem. Use a single TM751 in the same outlet as the CM15A. Does the remote still work?

bvrwally

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 10:25:17 AM »

I'll give that a try when I get back out there. I will try to change what outlet my CM15 is in and add the TM751 with it and see what happens then? Yes...something is sucking up the CM15 signal, as my signal bridge LED still is not responding???? I have it on it's own dedicated circuit to the circuit breaker panel downstairs.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:39:05 PM by bvrwally »

bvrwally

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »

OK...today I tried everything mentioned here! When I tried to download new settings in my CM15A, I keep getting this error message..."Down load error" there's not enough space in the interface to download your timers & macros??? I have NO timers or macros in this setup? Also, after changing my batteries, I still get the red glow and 00 for time remaining on the batteries????  I unplugged everything in my house, related to electronics to eliminate noise, but still cannot get this thing to work?????   & now I noticed that my video receiver is only broadcasting in "Black & White"???B:(
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:01:17 PM by bvrwally »

bvrwally

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »

Bump! B:(
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.