Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cell Standby in Battery Usage  (Read 9830 times)

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
Cell Standby in Battery Usage
« on: August 29, 2011, 06:24:35 PM »

If you poke around, you might notice that there is some 3G and Cell standby stuff running. We are currently working on the fix for this. However, the battery life tests that we did were with the tablet running like this.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

Tesla

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Cell Standby in Battery Usage
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 11:40:30 PM »

If you poke around, you might notice that there is some 3G and Cell standby stuff running. We are currently working on the fix for this. However, the battery life tests that we did were with the tablet running like this.

Any update on this? If this screen is correct, it's using more battery than the display (could that be right)? Does it even HAVE a CellRadio?

It also mentions "AirPlane Mode" ... which would be ideal (as long as it leaves on WiFi) but I can't find the switch.

You can go into Mobile Networks and un-check Data Enabled and Data Roaming, but that doesn't seem to do anything. WiFi is separate, and while some people will turn that radio off to save battery, I will mostly leave it on always.

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 11:44:16 PM »

The Airpad does not have a 3G radio.

Right now, you can turn the WiFi off and get 20 hours of operation, or leave the WiFi on and get about 6 hours.  Of course, the exact numbers will depend on what software is running on the tablet and how it's being used.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 10:56:56 AM »

Right now, you can turn the WiFi off and get 20 hours of operation, or leave the WiFi on and get about 6 hours.

If I was to use the AirPad as a couch tablet.... how long can it lay around turned off on the coffee table... and still retain enough power to boot up and be used for a few minutes? Or... is there an available dock (or docking station) that would allow it to remain charged or even On?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tesla

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 01:50:34 PM »

The Airpad does not have a 3G radio.

... or leave the WiFi on and get about 6 hours.  Of course, the exact numbers will depend on what software is running on the tablet and how it's being used.

My first full charge cycle ... from 100% down to 15% ... with WiFi on and mainly just installing apps and playing music ... I got 4.5 hours.

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 08:50:47 PM »

Since the AirPad is already "rooted" according to another post, Why doesn't someone just rename Phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk  in "/system/app"
This is a common thing to do for China APads.  There is a potential risk not being able to boot/crash system during boot but some one has to be pioneer.

Cb49

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 09:09:41 PM »

Just received my air pad Thursday.  Charged it fully and now the charger doesn't work at all.  When I connect to thevpad it does not recognize the connection. What is the problem. Am I overlooking something. B:(

Tesla

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 09:25:38 PM »

Just received my air pad Thursday.  Charged it fully and now the charger doesn't work at all.  When I connect to thevpad it does not recognize the connection. What is the problem. Am I overlooking something. B:(

When it's actually charging, the little red light is on. When the battery is at 100% (look in Settings/Status), it stops recharging. This is fairly common for lithium battery powered devices (to keep them from exploding).

Cb49

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 02:47:23 PM »

That's not the case here. It is requesting that I connect charger and when I do it does not recognize charger. What would be the problem.

Tesla

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 06:41:04 PM »

That's not the case here. It is requesting that I connect charger and when I do it does not recognize charger. What would be the problem.

See your other post. Lets trouble-shoot it in one thread or the other.  :)

Cb49

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 11:11:06 PM »

You're right. I'll focus on other thread. Thanks for your assistance

Chars

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 06:29:55 AM »

74% Cell Standby. 2 - 3 hours usage.
I am near the 30 days of having the Airpad. Been researching the china made tablets. So I have to Root it?
I have done lots of trouble shooting, but never rooted anything. Is it fairly straight forward/simple, for a noob?
Can X10 even do anything about this problem?
Thanks

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 10:52:52 AM »

Right now, you can turn the WiFi off and get 20 hours of operation, or leave the WiFi on and get about 6 hours.

If I was to use the AirPad as a couch tablet.... how long can it lay around turned off on the coffee table... and still retain enough power to boot up and be used for a few minutes? Or... is there an available dock (or docking station) that would allow it to remain charged or even On?

Do you mean Off as in completely powered down or as in WiFi off and in Sleep mode?

If completely powered down LiPoly battery has an extremely low self discharge rate so should be good for months of just setting ( no load).

WiFi is claimed to be 6 hrs. however the on board battery display shows approx. 12% for WiFi and approx. 20% for display. That is a total of 32% and best I get is close to 3 hours of active useage as in streaming video, playing video from SD or game play .

My Battery useage test here:

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25135.0

Tesla

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 02:56:35 PM »

That is a total of 32% and best I get is close to 3 hours of active useage as in streaming video, playing video from SD or game play .

My Battery useage test here:

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25135.0

I get about 4.5hrs with this kind of "general mixed usage". That's running down to 15%.

RickM

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 02:49:44 PM »

74% Cell Standby. 2 - 3 hours usage.
I am near the 30 days of having the Airpad. Been researching the china made tablets. So I have to Root it?
I have done lots of trouble shooting, but never rooted anything. Is it fairly straight forward/simple, for a noob?
Can X10 even do anything about this problem?
Thanks

See my post in the No Root Access thread for rooting instructions.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.