Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Inside the airpad  (Read 17214 times)

AirPadFan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Inside the airpad
« on: September 06, 2011, 02:50:32 PM »

hey guys, i took some photos of the inside of the AirPad if anyone is curious.

http://www.aliendev.com/x10-airpad/inside-the-x10-7-inch-airpad-android-tablet

q711179

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Inside the airpad
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 10:46:55 PM »

You certainly are the brave one, I suppose that's the name for it.  :)%

BTW, your link regarding apps for designers was a wonderful post.  Good work.
http://www.aliendev.com/freelance-life/top-10-free-android-applications-for-web-designers-and-developers

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 03:14:53 PM »

thanks for the pics, I am curious...  The X10 Airpad spec says that the battery is 4000 mah.  If I am not mistaken  your picture shows 3200 mah.  Where is the missing 800 mah?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »

Well the photos of the battery do show 3.7 volts 3200 mAh and the specifications say 4000 mAh.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:58:39 PM by Brian H »

pseeker

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 04:18:06 PM »

AirPadFan, if you have time can you install Quadrant standard from Market. 

1) run  benchmark (do task kill of course prior)
  2) D0 "System Information Dump". 
Would be an interesting comparison.

Some one at DealExtreme posted these results:

*************Below is NOT X10 Airpad... but appears to be alookalike.**********************

Result: 1441 (highest on the list of the benchmark)

Linux OS version 2.6.32.27
Model ly-910-2918-7
CPU ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
Current freq.: 1008 Mhz
Max freq.: 1008 Mhz
Min freq.: 1008 Mhz
Cores: 1
BogoMIPS: 1004.66

Memory
Total: 298132
GPU (OpenGL):
Vendor: Vivante Corporation
Rendered: GC800 Graphics Engine
Version: OpenGL ES-CM 1.1

Sensors
MMA8451Q 3-axis Accelrometer
AK8973 3-axis Magnetic field sensor
AK8973 Orientation sensor
Gravity Sensor
Linear Acceleration Sensor
Rotation Vector Sensor

jkpjj

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »

Hi,

I'm the one who posted this on DX :-) Was here looking for info on mods and possible manufacturer firmware, and stumbled upon a familiar message.

By the way, I haven't gotten the digital compass to work on my device (which looks like the X10 airpad but apparently is not exactly the same). It seems that linux kernel version 2.6.32.27 (at least the default tree) does not have a driver for the compass chip AK8973 - some later versions have a driver for AK8975, and I've seen a 8973 driver also somewhere. Also didn't find a driver inside the tablet tree.

I've set up a compiling environment so I can compile kernel modules (drivers) for the device, and got some modules to load, but the real-world-useful btusb.ko just freezes the machine for now.

I'd be grateful if I could get the airpad firmware, I think the device I have is sufficiently similar so it would work.

jkpjj

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 08:38:56 AM »

Looks like the Airdpad software is not exactly the same I have on the ly910 - I've got no GPS settings menu which the reviewer linked here reports.

pseeker

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 11:20:40 AM »

jkpjj,  maybe you could list your findings for your apad at slatedroid under Rockchip 2918.  That seems to be the defacto technical community for off brand tablets if you don't know already and you might be able to find others to collaborate with...   .

Wishing someone else with official X10 Airpad can get the system info dump I requested.  I may have to buy one myself to do teardown.

Finally I hope the Airpad developers at X10 will comply with GPL and release source code.... assuming they themselves have access to the source code

jkpjj

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 11:46:30 AM »

Yes, I was planning on writing on slatedroid also, already wrote a few comment posts there - at first I didn't have the rights to post new topics, but now that my comment posts are approved, I should be able to start new topics, too.

Finally I hope the Airpad developers at X10 will comply with GPL and release source code.... assuming they themselves have access to the source code

Hopefully. Not sure of China's current position on things like copyright & WIPO - but anyway, of course I agree that source for GPL stuff should be available. The device I bought (which, I'm repeating to avoid misunderstandings, is not the X10 airpad) contained Angry Birds, I wonder if it's properly licensed. (I'm from&in the originating country of Linux & Angry Birds btw)

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 12:18:57 AM »

Wishing someone else with official X10 Airpad can get the system info dump I requested.  I may have to buy one myself to do teardown.

The official Airpad dump is the same, or close enough anyway.

X10 Dev

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 12:21:07 AM »

Well the photos of the battery do show 3.7 volts 3200 mAh and the specifications say 4000 mAh.

It is a 4000 mah battery and the 3200 mah refers to the warrantied aged value.

X10 Dev

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 12:25:47 AM »

jkpjj,  maybe you could list your findings for your apad at slatedroid under Rockchip 2918.  That seems to be the defacto technical community for off brand tablets if you don't know already and you might be able to find others to collaborate with...   .

We will post the Airpad ROM images within the next week, probably first over in SlateDroid.  If you have any specific technical questions in mind, feel free to PM me.

Tesla

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 05:24:35 PM »

We will post the Airpad ROM images within the next week, probably first over in SlateDroid. 

Interesting ... I thought this was the main website for the AirPad.

So, we need two forum accounts to get all the info and resources for the AirPad?

X10 Dev

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 12:36:36 AM »

So, we need two forum accounts to get all the info and resources for the AirPad?

Just one.   :D  I'll post here too.

SlateDroid is a good community for discussing how to modify ROMs on Android devices.

linuxsociety

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 10:21:21 PM »

We need airpad kernel sources and the .config used not just the ROM images.  I personally want to work on getting ICS running on the original airpad without relying on the Chinese developers to release an updated ROM etc.   If we could maybe just get more information on the actual hardware inside the device maybe we can use the same kernel sources that other rk2918 devices are using and just adjust the .config  before compiling the kernel.  Not sure what BLOBs are needed for our device either, but it would be nice just to get a .config for the original kernel that is used on the device, and that shouldn't be too much to ask for.  With the .config we can at least see if the kernel uses any odd 3rd party kernel drivers/source code.. Really the major difference I have seen with the airpad and the other rk2918 devices is the WiFi chipset used..  We are using a Marvel 8686 based  Samsung wifi, other rk29 devices seem to use the RTL8192CU based chips in their working kernel configs.   

We also have different memory mappings of the MTD devices by stock, and a different recovery command in the parameter file than the other tablets, however this is a simple fix.  If these are the only major differences in our Airpad and the other chinese rk2918 devices(which I doubt) then it would be quiet easy to get ICS working with our original Airpads.  I have started a thread on both XDA-Developers and SlateDroid  that pertains to the development of ICS and a 3.0.8+ Kernel for our original Airpad / Lanyu 910.  Here are the links: 
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/36007-dev-lanyu-910-airpaid-rk2918-kernel-ics-workinprogress/   
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1788158

If any X10 developers are seeing this post, then please follow the GPL guidelines and post the source code for us, we'd greatly appreciate it!! ICS is what everyone wants and our device is 100% capable of running ICS .. the only holdback of getting a community developed ICS ROM is the lack of sourcecode and information on the hardware components. :)  Thanks for the consideration X10 Devs 
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.