Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Blinking, Beeping on PS561  (Read 4260 times)

carlbarry

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Blinking, Beeping on PS561
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:58:01 PM »

My PS561 is blinking slowly, and beeps 5 times every half hour or so, on a zone with a window alarm.  I've replaced the batteries in the window transmitter, and I've disconnected the PS561 (AC and DC) and re-programmed, and still the same problem.  Oh, and strangely, if I set it for Arm 2, it will chime when I open and close the window.  So I know it's detecting the transmitter.  And also, the alarm will arm.  Anything I can do other than swap out the transmitter for a new one?  Thanks.

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Blinking, Beeping on PS561
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 11:55:21 AM »

I've had mine do that. Hold the test button down on the problem window alarm for several seconds, so that it generates a new code. It should blink three times when you release the button if I recall. Then you will have to re-set up the system. That cleared it up for me.

carlbarry

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:56:59 PM »

Just tried that.  Within a couple of minutes the console was blinking for that transmitter, and it just chimed 5 times again.  On the other hand, that transmitter was difficult to get the console to recognize when I re-installed.  So I'm thinking that maybe it's defective.

carlbarry

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:28:29 PM »

OK, I gave up.  Took out the old transmitter, put in a new one. Problem gone.  Presumably, the transmitter is now defective.  I won't know until I have time to try installing it again--and then, if it doesn't work, of course, go through the pain in the neck of nulling and then re-installing.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 11:35:50 PM »

OK, I gave up.  Took out the old transmitter, put in a new one. Problem gone.  Presumably, the transmitter is now defective.  I won't know until I have time to try installing it again--and then, if it doesn't work, of course, go through the pain in the neck of nulling and then re-installing.

Say please get back just curious if it was defective the window door sensors used to be pretty reliable.

Tom j.

carlbarry

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 08:17:55 AM »

Yes, sorry--I meant to report, but of course, once the problem was gone, poof, slipped my mind.  YES, it did work.  Apparently that transmitter was defective.  When I have time, I will try activating it again, this time as a different zone, to make sure.  And by the way, removing and replacing that transmitter seems to have solved another problem:  many times when leaving the house and activating the alarm, I'd get a constant chime and the alarm wouldn't activate.  I'd have to keep trying over and over.  That problem, too, seems to have been resolved.  So I'm thinking that that transmitter was sending out a partially corrupted code--if that's possible.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.