Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Skype with video  (Read 11446 times)

BentSk8r

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Skype with video
« on: September 11, 2011, 01:48:53 PM »

With a user facing video camera why can't I use video Skype? This is an important consideration and will probably require a return if it can't be solved.

Cb49

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Skype with video
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:19:21 PM »

In Skype settings turn on the video. Worked perfect for me

scottp327

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »

Skype Video will not work for me either

helmax

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 05:14:13 AM »

me too not work

and give me some erros disconnect skype

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 07:08:58 PM »

In Skype settings turn on the video. Worked perfect for me

What version of Skype are you using?
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

BeanerECMO

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 10:13:46 AM »

Just finished chatting with x10 tech support. It's a known issue that the AirPad camera and Skype are not compatible; i.e., it doesn't work. At first, he said there was an issue with the rear facing camera, but fianlly admitted that the camera and Skype don't work together. I'm going to try other apps; e.g., AIM, Yahoo, MSIM, GoogleTalk, ooVoo, etc. Right now, the only thing I can get with Skype is texting. Also, there's a loud buzzing on my end (PC), but my granddaughter can hear me OK. I believe there are a lot of updates that the AirPad will have to do. Rush to market sound familiar?

jackronson

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 11:07:58 AM »

My Skype works fine. Video and all. The only problem is that I need to wear headphones on the tablet because the speaker and microphone are too close together and they cause an echo.

vincenzo0506

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 03:21:50 PM »

I have a new Airpad 7p and I can't even find the Skype application on the Amazon Market...What Am I missing.  A chat with tech support this morning was no help until the delopment staff comes in tomorrow.

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 04:45:39 AM »

With a user facing video camera why can't I use video Skype? This is an important consideration and will probably require a return if it can't be solved.

First comment.  There are now atleast three different X-10 AirPads and one should not expect all to work the same.

You need to state if you have the  original X-10 7" Air pad or the 7 P  Air Pad or the 10" one or whatever the complete correct names are.

Also search will turn up post here stating that one issue with AP video is the reversed image.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:47:51 AM by everydayflyer »

BOBOJ

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 07:13:33 PM »

I finally located A Skype  video APP FOR MY 7P. Set up Amazon account.Added to wish list to complete purchase on my computer. Got a confirmation of my "Purchase". Back to 7P. Skype is NOT in list of  my purchased APPS to download and install! Am I missing something here?

BOBOJ

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »

B:(I finally located A Skype  video APP FOR MY 7P. Set up Amazon account.Added to wish list to complete purchase on my computer. Got a confirmation of my "Purchase". Back to 7P. Skype is NOT in list of  my purchased APPS to download and install! Am I missing something here?

BOBOJ

Re: Skype with video 7P
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 05:50:46 PM »

Cannot get video to work with Skype on my 7P. audio ok, but no video. Any ideas?

BeanerECMO

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 10:35:26 PM »

I just received the 7p with ICS under the impression that it had full Skype capability. No 'good' video, but audio and texting work fine. Video to me look okay. Video on the other end on a laptop has vertical red bars. If I could post an image...

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »

Skype works abosolutely fine on my Airpad XL ICS- -- Skype - options - tick video on -
Start call - click on camera with a hash through it (to turn video from off to on) their is an option for the Back Camera - choose it
(yes it's wierd choosing back for the front camera - guess it depends on your perspective)

Worked great - called my other computer - video both ways and sound was crystal clear.

Jim

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 07:55:34 PM »

I ran Skype today on my XL with ICS ROM 0331 with someone in Florida using an XL and on Tuesday with my daughter in Maryland using her PC and all worked fine.

H
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.