Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

How unhappy are you with X10's customer service?

I'm outraged!
I'm angry but willing to tolerate it.
I'm OK with it, what's new, most internet business are this way.
I'm fine, no problems with my order(s)
I've never had any problems. Orders ship promptly, I get updates on tracking, etc.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Unhappy with X10 (Airpad Order)  (Read 30133 times)

Chowder

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Unhappy with X10 (Airpad Order)
« on: September 13, 2011, 08:48:25 PM »

My Story with X10:

Placed an order for the new Airpad on Sept 3rd.  Holiday weekend, so I wasn't expecting much... Called them on Tuesday the 6th, they stated order was billed and now heading to wherehouse.   I called again on Friday the 9th, was told order is in, but not shipped yet.  Please call us back again on Monday.   I asked the lady on the phone, if Airpad will ship Monday, she said "guaranteed to ship".  I called Monday, no shipping occured.  I was told no way to find out status on order, other then it's gone to the wherehouse.  I told "Tyler" from X10 that I'm going to the BBB on this if I do not get an update on my $225 order (yes I live in WA and paid for shipping).  Tyler promised to call my Today (Tuesday the 13th), never heard from him, even though I gave him my direct cell #.  I called again, was told order is set for shipping, but they have no tracking for me, nor could they give me a tracking number at this time.

I asked for corporate phone number, because this is getting ridiculous IMO.   So, from the 3rd until today the 13th, NO WORD IF ORDER WILL SHIP, WHEN, TRACKING, ETC...

Piss poor customer service IMO.  I will be calling corp at: 425-203-3900

Anyone else with a problem on X10 service should call also.  BBB is next after the call tomorrow morning and a call to my credit card company with a complaint and reversal of funds.

Terrible terrible customer service... OH and yes I'm patient!  and I also work in the customer service industry... X10 has dropped the ball big time.

B:(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Unhappy with X10 (Airpad Order)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 10:03:50 AM »

I feel your pain!
New products are almost always slow to ship as quantities are usually low.
I ordered one in August and still haven't received official notice of shipment.
However because I'm in Canada, X10 is still waiting on the OK to ship to my country!
I suspect you'll receive yours before I get mine.

Infact I placed another order for modules a week latter which arrived in 7 days.
These were not new products and usually 7 days is the delivery time for most of my orders.

As for contacting the BBB.
In Canada this will not do any good, I suspect the same in the US.
They basically are a statistical gathering operation.
You should have contacted them before you ordered to see if there were any complaints.
That may have convinced you to order or not.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

EProie

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:38:15 AM »

I am also very unhappy with how my order was handled,  When I ordered on 9/6 I was told the units we in and would ship in 2-3 days.  Called on 9/8 and was told unit would ship by Monday 9/12.  Called Monday and was told it was shipping that day.  Called Tuesday 9/13 and was told it was for sure shipping Tuesday.  Call today 9/14 and was told their shipment was even due to arrive until Friday 9/15 and product would ship some time next week.  What kind of Customer Service is this!!!  So basically X10 lied to us on the availability of these units.  I am still not convinced that they are even getting the product this Friday.  Why doesn't from X10 get on here and tell us the truth to what's going on with this?  Has anyone who ordered this in the last few weeks received one?  If so could you report how long it took or if you haven't received tell us when you ordered it.  Come on X10 give us some true answers.

Eric

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 10:54:30 AM »

Since I don't work for X10 I can only suspect this:
Orders far exceeded what they expected.
As with all orders they are shipped to those that ordered first.
Orders such as mine only help to mess things up (Me Bad)  ::)
Since they are most likely waiting on a shipment them selves (from China or where ever the airpad is produced0
they can only relay info supplied to them.

I once worked for a guy who always stated "If they're lying to me then I'm lying to you!" when he responded to a question involving info from another source.
X10 is most likely taking this info as fact.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jimeee

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 11:38:47 AM »

I am another unhappy customer with X10 regarding my AirPad 7 order.  I ordered on 09/02/2011.  I called 09/08 and was told they were expecting a shipment on 09/09 Friday or 09/12 Monday and mine would be shipped from that shipment.  Haven't bothered to call since to check on whether they received the shipment and if my order shipped or not.  I have not received an email saying my order has shipped so am assuming it has not.  What I would like to know has anybody actually received an AirPad7???
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 07:38:39 PM by jimeee »

DemDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 12:09:57 PM »

Since they are most likely waiting on a shipment them selves (from China or where ever the airpad is produced0
they can only relay info supplied to them.

Inventory problems pop up. I understand. But two weeks without any inventory to ship is just plain incompetence.

And it's also kind of irresponsible to flood inboxes with daily "Buy an Airpad" emails when they can't keep up with demand as-is.

imbigbear69

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 12:28:09 PM »

All I get are Lies. if and when after hours on hold they finally answer. Having purchased hundreds of teir products, I will in the future look elsewhere even if I have to pay more and many times less. I was told it was guaranteed to ship Monday. My Grandaughter ordered one 4 days after I did and has received hers.

backlash

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »

I can't even get anyone to answer the phone so I can cancel my order.
I am beginning to think this is a scam and I will be out $228.
Guess my next call will be to the Washington State Attorney General.

Finally after 20 minutes on hold I get disconnected.
Called back and after 12 minutes on hold someone actually answered.
He told me they hope to have a shipment in at the end of this week and mine would ship Monday or Tuesday.
 I cancelled my order and will look at other tablets from someone I can trust to at least tell the truth.
I will be ending my posting on this site.
Good luck to those that are going to stick it out.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:43:58 PM by backlash »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 01:37:20 PM »

My Grandaughter ordered one 4 days after I did and has received hers.
Well there goes my thought on first come first serve.
Hope they're not shipping by closet locations or alphabetical! ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

backlash

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 02:28:35 PM »

It's not by location.
I'm only 150 miles away.

prodigiousjuggalo

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 05:26:53 PM »

I'm just dumbfounded at this.  I'm willing to wait for an AirPad, but I deserve at least some communication letting me know when I should be receiving it.

I think I'm in worse shape than many of you guys....

On August 30th I placed an order for a X10 AirPad 7" Android Tablet.  I received an emailed receipt for my order that same day.  The receipt stated that my order would be shipping to me via FedEx Ground method.

Since that time, I've requested and have not received any contact from support@x10.com after several emails I've sent.

I tried calling and waited for over 20 minutes on two different occassions before giving up.  On a third call I finally spoke to someone that said the shipment had arrived at the warehouse at X10 last Friday 09/09.  They also stated that I am high in the queue and that my order should ship out on Tuesday 09/13.  As of today, I've still received no information nor tracking number.

All I want is for anyone at X10 letting me know when I should receive this order and then making sure it occurs.

I'm also getting very worried as I have already confirmed that my credit-card has indeed been charged.  That doesn't seem right to me!

Please X10.... please just let me know something/anything definitive about my order.

Tesla

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 05:42:51 PM »

Orders far exceeded what they expected.

This is my guess also.

Out of no-where ... an American based company shows up on the scene with a nicely equipped Android based tablet with capacitive screen for $200.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having order fulfillment problems ... but I got mine on time ... so it is possible and I think they are trying. I must have ordered at just the right time when the second shipment came in ... they filled the back-orders and had a spare on-hand to send me. Hopefully now that they know what the demand is like ... maybe they can get them built faster and get larger shipments (so they actually have some stock to send out).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:14:46 PM by Tesla »

backlash

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 05:55:16 PM »

Washington State Attorney General complaint form.

https://fortress.wa.gov/atg/formhandler/ago/ComplaintForm.aspx

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 06:11:19 PM »

Washington State Attorney General complaint form.

https://fortress.wa.gov/atg/formhandler/ago/ComplaintForm.aspx
I think X10 and the Airpad is on a bumpy road, but seems to me the AG is more for fraud issues than missing a non promised delivery date. Put away the club, go buy a Samsung 7" pad and move on.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

imbigbear69

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 06:17:18 PM »

I too am very unhappy. I finally received an email that to the great demand they were unable to ship last monday and now will ship next tuesday. Since this was an offer via email and not available to others any other Orders should have been rejected as is done by other Firms. Priority should have been given to those who ordered via that link.

I decided to call them at 5:35 PM and stay on hold unti they answered or closed. at one minute to 6:00 PM I received an email wit the usual BS. We had such a large demand and are backlogged. I know others who had received a forwarded email and  ordered the AirPad from the forwarded email. It said not to forward it of course. Other companies who ask not to forward block that link and also require you to sign in with your account to rder. I think that I will start purchasing from other sites.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.