Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

How unhappy are you with X10's customer service?

I'm outraged!
I'm angry but willing to tolerate it.
I'm OK with it, what's new, most internet business are this way.
I'm fine, no problems with my order(s)
I've never had any problems. Orders ship promptly, I get updates on tracking, etc.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Unhappy with X10 (Airpad Order)  (Read 30137 times)

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
Re: Unhappy with X10 (Airpad Order)
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 09:06:26 PM »

X10 just posted on their facebook page that Airpads will begin shipping on Wednesday.

So let's hope they're finally true to their word and that there's enough stock for all of us who have been waiting.

It seems like that is a safe estimate.

In the ongoing saga of Airpad shipment #3, after our shipment had finally shipped, after it had been delayed by Chinese Mid Autumn Festival, after it went through customs delays, the shipment was finally over the Pacific Ocean.  When I saw that our shipment was in the air Saturday evening on a DHL jet I joked that the only thing that could happen now is to lose the whole aircraft.  There was no update Sunday evening as I would expect once the plane lands, so Monday after a trace I learn that the aircraft had a mechanical issue and had been diverted to Anchorage, AK.  Clearly the joke is on me.  Our shipment is now on a new aircraft and headed into the continental US tonight.  I certainly hope that means that DHL has it's act together and that it gets to Newark by tomorrow midday so we can ship out tablets tommorrow, but all I can do now is keep refreshing 'track package' and wait for an update.  In the worst case, I would expect a Wednesday delivery and for us to then ship tablets out on Wednesday.  This is what we have been telling customers.  I will keep you all updated.

Airpad shipment #4 is over the pacific right now, which shows how late shipment #3 is.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:30:31 AM by X10 Dev »

Chowder

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 11:20:53 PM »

Thanks for the update sir!   Kudo's to you for helping.

X10 you really need to start weeding out the poor customer service reps you have.  All of us have experienced some and it's very very annoying (drop calls, wont return calls, fake "guarantees to customers, etc)... Very shoddy.  It's like they are willing to do "anything" to get the angry customer off the phone and not deal with it.  This is straight up poor management on X10's part.

In this economy, you guys really need to step up your game because ANY corporation can fall from it's terrible management and customer service practices.   Seriously.

Thank you to X10 DEV for helping us out!!!  Give this man a raise!  He is the only true one that is taking this on and actually providing "good customer service".

We love it!

X10 Dev

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »

Airpad shipment #3 is at the warehouse!  It arrived minutes ago.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 01:38:20 PM »

Cool, may be now my shipment which I was told shipped Friday will actualy get in the mail shortly!
I feel by the time I get this an AirPad II will be released. rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 07:13:01 PM »

How many units are there in a shipment?
Are we talking about a container with several thousand or a box of 10?
I'll probably get a couple once the supply wrinkles have been ironed out.
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

Chowder

Re: Unhappy with X10 (Airpad Order) *UPDATE*
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2011, 10:53:02 AM »

Ok gang, check this out:

Yesterday I received a call from an X10 manager... The ONLY REASON he called me, was because I placed a complaint with the BBB.  So, this obviously proves that the only way to get X10's attention is to file a complaint with the BBB.   After speaking with this person, and expressing my concerns about their business practices, etc he agreed on it all.   He looked into my order and called me back, telling me my order is out the door, and gave me a tracking number on it.  Now here is where it gets me angry again... per another X10 employee on this forum, I was told it would ship 2nd day because of the long wait/delay on my order... per the X10 manager, after mentioning this to him, he stated there was no notes on my order to ship it 2nd day...thus it went out ground.  GRRRRRRR!  This pisses me off royal!

I explained to him it should have been upgraded to 2nd day or overnight because of this epic failure on their part.  Nothing he could do, he said..its actually out the door to you now.
I asked what can you do for me then, because my order was placed on the 3rd, and it's now the 20th?  He gave me a $20 gift card towards my next purchase.

What do you all think about this?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Unhappy with X10 (Airpad Order) *UPDATE*
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 02:03:58 PM »

What do you all think about this

Remember you asked:
I think X10 is in trouble, struggling, and probably in various levels of chaos. If me, I would be damn glad it is finally on it's way.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Chowder

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »

Update:

I just now received a new Email from X10 automated ssytem... Per my tracking number and FedEx site, indeed after all, my order is shipping 2nd day.  So, again, thanks for X10DEV for looking into my order, getting my shipping updated, etc.

Onfortunetly, this proves again, that the left hand doesnt know what right is doing at X10.

X10dev did do good work, but their own manager didn't have a clue that the shipping was indeed upgrade by one of their own.

Crazy.

Anyhow, this will be my final purchase with X10.   Looking forward to gett my Airpad tomorrow!  I will post if I receive it or not, and plan on doing a video for youtube on the unpackaging of the unit, inspection and more...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 03:55:03 PM »

Thanks for the updated information.
I will be looking forward to your comments and videos.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 04:04:41 PM »

I suspect X10dev's job just got a lot busyer! rofl
I too look forward to your videos and comments Chowder
Clicking on my USPS tracking button still shows no info on my shipment!
How they can send a tracking number to me on Friday when they were out of stock amazes me! ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 04:08:33 PM »

Maybe they had the empty shipping box with the label on it. Just waiting for the Airpads to arrive.  ;D

Or all of the ones that came in where allotted to back orders already.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »

How they can send a tracking number to me on Friday when they were out of stock amazes me! ::) :'
Darn. Brian beat me to it. Again.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 04:20:25 PM »

Maybe they had the empty shipping box with the label on it. Just waiting for the Airpads to arrive.  ;D

Well that's exactly what happened but the email stated "Your order #.... has been shipped!"
To me shipped means it has left!
Canadian and US English have two different meanings for some words. I just didn't think this was one of them. ::) :'

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

prodigiousjuggalo

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 05:30:46 PM »

Hooray!  I received tracking information from X10 today for my AirPad ordered on 08/30.  I can hardly wait until I receive it.

I must say that in the past week, the email communication I've been receiving from X10 has gone from zero to actually receiving status updates about the delays.  While I'm at it, I just wanted to thank Eric Boyd at X10 for following up on the emails I'd sent to X10 support weeks ago.

Great improvement on the communication X10!  #:)  I believe that this is all most of us wanted.

Now... all I want is for my AirPad to get to me in excellent shape so that I can post back on the forum about my experience with using it.

X10 Dev

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 07:27:54 PM »

Onfortunetly, this proves again, that the left hand doesnt know what right is doing at X10.

X10dev did do good work, but their own manager didn't have a clue that the shipping was indeed upgrade by one of their own.
All, I'm happy to help, but I'm not part of the customer-facing sales operation of X10.  There's no record in sales of my help because in order to help I bypassed all the normal procedures.  It's not fair to criticize an X10 sales manager when it was me who skipped the process.  I want you all to get your Airpads as soon as possible, and think it's a cool little tablet, but it's not my position and I'm not equipped to personally handle customer relations.  So in the future, I'm going to stay out of sales issues for individual customers.

On a technical level, I maintain a presence in these forums, and will happily respond to technical issues as well as periodically releasing new ROMs for the Airpad.  So post away about any issues, or kudoes, or just ideas for the future and we'll do our best to make it all happen.   ;D

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.