Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Activity monitor  (Read 3063 times)

jhnidy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Activity monitor
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:13:38 PM »

What is the activity monitor supposed to show?  I have set up timed events and macros that should be running but nothing happens in the home.  When I check the activity monitor, it shows some received items that correspond to my motion sensors but nothing appears in the transmit portion.  Does this mean that the 15a did not even try?

Is there anyplace this stuff is written down?  I booklet that came from x10 was pretty useless unless you set up some events and macros and everything went perfectly.  I hate to keep bothering this forum with easy questions.

Thanks

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Activity monitor
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 10:56:08 PM »

The Pc will only be able to collect events if the CM15A is connected via the USB cable, and the Pc is on.

Also, if you have not downloaded your configuration to the CM15A, then I think AHP needs to be running, too.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 06:19:15 AM »

You may find some added information here.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/ActiveHome_Pro

jhnidy

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »

Thanks for the link.  Maybe now I won't be such a bother.  I am almost to the point of putting this cm15a into a neighbor's house along with a couple of modules to see what happens there.

I am still puzzled by the fact that the cm11a ran so smoothly and the 15 just flat refuses to do anything.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »

Do you have a filter on the PC?   PC's are notorious for putting noise on the powerline that blocks X10 signals.  I have fliters om every PC (and laptop) in the house.  No noise.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

jhnidy

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 11:42:01 AM »

No filters on any computers but they are all turned off most of the time.  Could they still be screwing things up if they are plugged into the wall?  The laptop is only plugged in at night but all the desktops are connected even when they are off.

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 12:15:33 PM »

No filters on any computers but they are all turned off most of the time.  Could they still be screwing things up if they are plugged into the wall?  The laptop is only plugged in at night but all the desktops are connected even when they are off.

My wife's laptop stops X-10 communication on one phase when it's just plugged in charging, and not turned on. My Panasonic microwave blocks some X-10 activity on the other phase when it's just pluggged in, and all communication on that phase when it's actually in use. I re-arranged things to take care of the microwave issue, and installed an XPPF noise filter on the laptop, and all is well.

It took a while to track this down when she bought the laptop last year, because she has it plugged into a switched outlet, that she turns off when it's charged. I thought my modules were broken! B:(

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.