Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: false opening signal from door sensor  (Read 10423 times)

essmjay

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: false opening signal from door sensor
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »

I always thought the chime was to alert you if a door or window is opened when the system is unarmed. If it chimes when a window is left open, how would you be able to tell the difference between that, and someone entering the house? Seems like it would defeat the purpose, as you would just ignore the chime, thinking it's because the window is open.

Meanwhile, someone is in the garage stealing all your tools. :o

This is why I am trying to figure this out. I have three buildings with door sensors and often have the door open on the building I am in, and it is good to know if someone opens one of the other doors. Instead I have to keep popping my head out like a gopher to see if the door was opened or not.

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 11:38:09 PM »

This is why I am trying to figure this out. I have three buildings with door sensors and often have the door open on the building I am in, and it is good to know if someone opens one of the other doors. Instead I have to keep popping my head out like a gopher to see if the door was opened or not.

I just left 2 windows open for over 6 hours, no chimes at all after opening them.

If it were me, I would return the console you got and exchange it for another, and see how it behaves. It's probably the only way to find out if it's normal for the newer DS7000's, or not.

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 12:50:26 PM »

I have had 3 windows open now for almost a week and a half, my DS7000 has been silent unless the on of us uses the doors then the chime sounds for that door opening at that time.  Otherwise, like I said the DS7000 has been quiet as these 3 windows remain open for over a week now.  I agree if there was a change to the DS7000 to chime when a module is checking in and it is in the open state, that can cause much confusion.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 05:37:38 PM »

Meanwhile, someone is in the garage stealing all your tools. :o
Don't be silly. The "Protected by X10 Security" decal will nip that in the bud.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 12:31:04 PM »

My unit (console) chimes once each hour if a sensor is open. I also use an extra magnet to close open ones.

If the alarm is set with a sensor open then that sensor has to be bypassed and the alram will still sound(trip) if any other sensors are opened.

If one bypasses an open sensor then they take thier chances that the crook will enter by a different door or window, I guess.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 08:40:47 PM »

i have 4pc ds7000 running at different locations.

ALL chime ONCE PER HOUR per open door like clockwork.  so ur first post that said u hear chime every 30 min for 2 open doors or windows is right on.

if in doubt simly look at activity monitor in ahp and u will see the sigs sent clear as mud.  1x per hour like clockwork - they all send either open (chimes) or closed (no chime).

William8

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 09:52:33 PM »

Glad I have the older units that don't chime every hour.

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »

Right there with you, William8.  I too am glad that I have the older DS7000, because it sure would get old and annoying with a chime every hour or so.

William8

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 12:48:14 PM »

Well I would probably just set it to "Run 1" rather than be annoyed by the constant chimes. I would miss the feature of knowing when a door was opened, but with the new ones, it appears you lose that feature anyways.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.