Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Clock at the top of screen is still on China time...  (Read 5098 times)

careswatson

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Clock at the top of screen is still on China time...
« on: September 22, 2011, 06:03:34 PM »

Ive changed the main clock but the one at the tip of the screen is still on China time...what gives??? I did a reboot to factory setting...and tried again. Still same issue.

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
Re: Clock at the top of screen is still on China time...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 06:29:12 PM »

When you set the system time, you have to do a reboot, and when it finishes booting back up, it will be set system wide.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

dreamerfb1

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »

OK, so how do you "Reboot"? B:(

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 06:18:20 PM »

press and hold the on/off button (the circular one at the top of the device) and it will bring up a menu to power off or silent mode. click power off, wait a few seconds for everything to finish shutting down, and press the button again, to start the boot procedures.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

Motor2of7

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 09:40:56 PM »

I also had this problem and was glad to see someone else did too (misery loves company). However, when I did the reboot all it did was set the time to something random.  This should be simple, not frustrating.

SuperC142

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 06:35:58 PM »

I got my replacement airpad today and this one has the date/time problem you describe (the previous one didn't).  It's very frustrating because the date/time has to be set properly to log into the Android Market, among other things.  Is there a small, internal battery that maintains the time when the system is powered down?  If so, is mine dead?  I *really* want to love this AirPad; it has so much going for it, but I've been nothing but frustrated since the day I ordered it!

Motor2of7

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 10:40:29 PM »

"It's very frustrating because the date/time has to be set properly to log into the android market"

I stopped resetting the clock in frustration.....is this why I keep getting an error when I try to access the market now?

SuperC142

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 11:57:18 PM »

Yup- that's almost certainly your problem.  If you set your date/time (and timezone) accurately, I bet the market will work for you.  For me, that's what makes this problem more than a simple annoyance (a lot of things depend on the time being right).  To make matters worse, I realized it's not just resetting the time to 1/1/1970 @ 4:00 PM every time it shuts down.  Even when it's on, it loses about 15 minutes every hour or so.

This is my 2nd unit, and I'd return this one too, but X10 would make me pay the shipping costs (again) and, many, many weeks from now, I'd finally get a replacement that will probably have some other problem(s).  I think I'm just going to consider this a $230 mistake and cut my losses.  I have a friend that is a biology teacher and was lobbying the school to provide tables for every student.  This was a tablet he was looking at as an option, but today, I was forced to recommend against purchasing an AirPad.  It's sad, because it really does have a lot going for it.

SuperC142

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 01:54:44 PM »

You know- I thought of a bit of duct tape we could use to address this... there are a number of clock-synchronization apps in the market.  This could keep our clock in check; the only problem is, they require su access.  If those images with su hadn't been taken down from this forum, I would happy flash my AirPad and install one of these apps.  If you already have su access though, this would probably be a pretty good fix.

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5

SuperC142

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 04:11:24 PM »

Thanks everydayflyer, but the .img files have been removed.  I can't seem to find them anywhere.  :(

bURrITo

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 11:35:41 AM »

I get this too when I update firmware. I just uncheck Automatic Time Synchronization, set my time zone, set the clock, set the date, power off, then power on. After that, time stays put. For kicks I even enabled Automatic Time Synchronization again, doesn't seem to do anything, but it doesn't mess up the time either.

Also setting the time seems to work without rebooting, but the clock on the title bar doesn't get updated until you restart.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.