Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can I tether my airpad to cell phone with USB cable?  (Read 4963 times)

boydmay

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can I tether my airpad to cell phone with USB cable?
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:37:54 PM »

I have for some time now tetherd my cell phone to my laptop for internet using a USB cable.  Can this be done with the airpad, and if so how?

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
Re: Can I tether my airpad to cell phone with USB cable?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:12:01 PM »

I don't really like to play on semantics, but the term tethered generally refers to connection via USB. I havn't test this officially nor have I heard of anyone attempting to test this. However, I use the Evo 4g and it as a wifi hotspot option and that works great.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

RickM

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »

I tried wireless tethering to my original Droid, but the AirPad did not see the D1.  I believe the problem is that the D1 creates an ad hoc wireless network and doesn't really look like an access point to the AirPad.

So, I tried to tether to my original Droid via USB.  The D1 reports that it is tethered, but the AipPad does not connect.  I turned off wifi on the AirPad and tried to configure Ethernet settings.  Turned on Ethernet, and tried to set up a static IP, for example 192.168.2.6 (which is the IP my AirPad shows when connected to wifi, but I do not know what values to enter for Gateway, Netmask, and DNS. 

Has anyone tried the USB tethering?

q711179

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:10:15 PM »

I am currently replying while wireless tethered on my rooted nexus s phone, so no problems there. Not so lucky with wired tethering however, phone says I am tethered and wifi kicked off on AP but no service. let me know if I can be of more help.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.