Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LAN based NAS discovery / configuration ?  (Read 3013 times)

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
LAN based NAS discovery / configuration ?
« on: September 24, 2011, 05:02:32 PM »

I have only had my AirPad for a couple of days. I have no problems connecting to my WiFi / LAN,surfing the WWW,using my NetFlix account etc. but as I am next to clueless with it comes to networking  I have no idea how to get it to find and acess videos on my iomega NAS.

My computers running Win. 7 (both desktop and laptops) found and use the NAS automaticly using the discovery mode in Win.7 but I have no idea how to even start with the AirPad.

I live in a very remote area and so WiFi security is not a major issue and I only want to be able to stream video from the iomega to the AirPad.

Charles

Immortal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: LAN based NAS discovery / configuration ?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 05:50:57 PM »

you can try to use " ES file Explorer " its an application that allows u to explore the network drives you can find it on the market.... I didnt try it before with the Network drives, so I will be waiting to know if it wokred with you or not.

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 05:51:39 PM »

I haven't had any luck finding a uPnP media player that seems to work well to play media from my NAS on the tablet.
If you download ES File Explorer (free) from the market you can add a LAN share to your NAS.
Playback of video I've tried this way has a fair amount of lag sometimes though.

Update: I just installed UPnPlay from the market and this seems to work well streaming from my NAS.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:45:39 PM by J.B. »

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 10:06:05 AM »

Thanks a bunch.  I installed UPnPlay and AirPad found my other computers  and  NAS/ everything on my LAN  . I had alredy installed MX Video Player and all seems to be working great.

I just love user's forums with knowledgeable members. :)%

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.