Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airpad-X 10" hangs on boot  (Read 4334 times)

acheesehead

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airpad-X 10" hangs on boot
« on: December 10, 2011, 06:11:56 PM »

Gets to little green robot image and just stops. I can communicate with adb. Any suggestions?

deholla

Re: Airpad-X 10" hangs on boot
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 09:44:49 AM »

I had the same problem and it was perhaps a lucky chance it got fixed.  After dozens of start up attempts, resets, combinations of button sequences, I was able to get in and delete files through the USB, and then reset to factory.   This was not a soft effort but took very deliberate steps with many hours over several days. There was probably a bad app installed or a cascade of conditions that caused the lock up.

acheesehead

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 11:42:21 PM »

I figure that the Airpad X 10" is actually a Zenithink C91 ZT-280. Went to http://www.zenithink.com/Eshownews_274.html and downloaded firmware, extracted and put zt-update directory and contents on SD card, per the instructions. Powered up while holding volume up button. I get following message:

VOL- KEY pressed
Prepare enter mmc update mode
no kernel valid,press any key to continue

If I press a key, I'm back to hanging on robot dude. I examined the files on SD, and the system.zt280.tar.bz does not appear to be a valid bzip or gzip file.

Any suggestions?

moore_tr

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 07:38:32 PM »

To load up the Zenithink ROM, you need to unbundle the rar file you downloaded, and make sure you have the right one for your hardware - mine's the 2N version, and I have loaded up that one.  I'm currently on Ice Cream Sandwich android 4.0.3 dated 1/17/2012.  once you have unbundled the rar file, you should have a zt-update directory - put that directory and its contents in the top level directory of your flash memory card, then power down the tablet.  Once powered down, press and hold the CAMERA button (not volume), and while holding it down, press and hold the power button.  Once the screen lights up, release both buttons.  The tablet will boot up, and state that the camera button has been pushed, press camera button again or cancel.  Press the camera button again, and it will load up the new ROM.  Just wait to answer all questions when starting up.  I've also loaded up Titanium Backup, which backs up all your apps and data, so upgrading will be much quicker and less traumatic. The latest ROM is rooted, and has considerably better battery performance than the Gingerbread it came with.  The ROMs from Zenithink work with the Google Market, BTW.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 07:51:25 PM by moore_tr »
User of X10 products for 20 years. 31 years of computer experience from mainframes down to PCs and tablets.  Current user of X10 Airpad X running ICS 4.0.3 @ 900MHz.

moore_tr

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 07:45:46 PM »

I must add that if you do this, X10 won't support you in this effort - however, if you need the original ROM that was delivered with the AirpadX, you can get it at: http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm  I like to live on the edge, myself, and do my own support.   :'
User of X10 products for 20 years. 31 years of computer experience from mainframes down to PCs and tablets.  Current user of X10 Airpad X running ICS 4.0.3 @ 900MHz.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.