Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rubber case or Protection case  (Read 19925 times)

vlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Rubber case or Protection case
« on: October 24, 2011, 02:50:20 PM »

Does any one know where can I find the Rubber case for this Airpad?

thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Rubber case or Protection case
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 09:10:53 AM »

Have you tried google?
One made of rubber may be hard to find but I've seen them made of leather, neoprene and other fabrics.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

vlong

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 11:02:56 AM »

i tried google saw some but concern about the fitting. just wonder if any of us got one that fit perfectly would be nice to know.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »

There is a thread that has a link to one with a keyboard built in a search should reveal it
However it isn't rubber.
Specifying the material it is made from limits cases one may have tried that work.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »

Rubber cases are in fact listed as Skins I believe and not real likely to be avaiable for this one as it is fairly new and not exactly the same size as other 7" pads.

Another issue would be that this one tends to run a little warm and a rubber skin would make this worse plus it would block the speakers (could be cut out however).  I have a rubber skin for my  San Disk Sansa mp3 player which is nice but that is a different animal.

vlong

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 02:34:12 PM »

well' wait for a while to see what happen they may make custom cut just for airpad.... just hopping x10 will have it for airpad in the future.

DemDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 02:43:04 PM »

Mine overheats and shuts itself off at least once a day, whether it's on the charger or not. I'd like a rubber skin, too, but I think it would likely exacerbate the overheating issues.

EmpowerMaui

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 01:50:28 AM »

Otter cases make some good ones, not sure if one could be used or made for the airpad, but the rubber skin case from otter save my Blackberry many times over.

http://www.otterbox.com/ereader-and-tablet-cases/ereader-and-tablet-cases,default,sc.html

absolutelynuts

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 10:47:06 PM »

I found a VERY decent case for my 7" AP. It has a real mechanical keyboard as well, and a fold-out stand to use it on a table while maintianing a good viewing angle. The cost is about $15. It can be found on Amazon at:

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Tablet-Stand-USB-Keyboard/dp/B004OB0EBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323401756&sr=8-1 

The KB plugs into the larger USB port on the AP, but the smaller one could be used as well with an adapter.

martinabbi

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 04:51:08 AM »

thanks
check south-pak once surely you'll get there . >!

kuffs

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »

Bought the one on amazon,be very careful.....attaches w/ small hard rubber clips,,,will NOT stop sliding out of the side of case.
7P slid right out when picked up and turned to carry underarm  :o

gjf

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 11:55:07 AM »

Bought the same ones.  Add velcro to back of airpad7ps and velcro on the latch
Also replace usb with mini-usb

GJF

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 12:05:45 PM »

I also have the one from Amazon.
Works great, can't be beat for the price.
As gjf noted modifications need to be performed, even for the original AirPad 7
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Talon Starblade

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 02:54:29 AM »

I basically found a version of the Targa Tuss leather case/stand for my AirpadX. Here’s a link to the Motorola Xoom version:

http://www.staples.com/Targus-Truss-Leather-Case-Stand-for-Motorola-Xoom/product_332911

The version I bought was designed for the Toshiba Thrive, and while it doesn’t fit the complete space, the harder fit at the bottom (when it’s in stand configuration) holds the 10” unit very well and leaves most of the buttons and side gear quite available, at least the version sold around Christmas. Looking at the layout of the revised version has me a little worried if it would still work. The little corner tabs that hold the unit at the top right now covers the power button, which works out pretty well, but the revised design has moved the headphone jack to that position, which would make things bad, since the speakers normally suck already (the speaker openings are in completely different positions).

I actually went to my local Staples to physically try different designs just to see what would work. Still, with the downsides, I like how well works.

LazerFlash

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »

I found two very serviceable cases at Big Lots! yesterday; both are $5 each. One is a neoprene case made by a company called "Wireless Gear". Their model is "BIG-MP9638" and the UPC is  6-80988-96038-3. There were several (solid) color choices: black, blue, red & pink. The other is a semi-hard flip-style case designed to hold the tablet (or eReader) in place with four elastic bands at each corner. It has a small amount of padding inside to protect the unit, but isn't any where near as protective as the neoprene case. Although not as protective as the neoprene, it would be very useful for taking the tablet out-and-about and not having to wriggle it in an out of a case each time you wanted to use. This one is made by a company called "Motion Systems", (which appears to be a subsidiary of the Betesh Group). Their model is "SOLTBK7-BLK" and the UPC is 7-37073-06276-4. The store was almost sold out of this case and the color choices seemed limited to black and some sort of gray/white skull pattern. (The Betesh Group website - www.beteshgroup.com - has a bigger assortment, though.)

I couldn't decide in the store which I wanted more than the other, so I bought both. I'll probably use the neoprene case for storage in the house and transportation, and the other one when I plan to take my AirPad outside the house and use it.

Here is a link to Big Lots! online presence: www.biglots.com
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:40:09 PM by LazerFlash »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.