Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A touchscreen issue  (Read 3665 times)

Bob_D

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
A touchscreen issue
« on: October 03, 2011, 07:22:08 PM »

AirPaid was delivered on 9/21, on the same day I was notified that it was shipped.

It appears to me that there is a dead zone on my Airpad’s touch screen. It seems to be a vertical strip 3 7/16” from the left screen edge in landscape mode. This corresponds to the right edge of the battery icon on the home screen. The strip may be up to ¼” wide. This was detected while using the app GoDroid and a stone could not be placed on row 18. Marking the frame with a pencil mark, I attempted to then size a screen in others apps. With a fixed finger at this vertical area and attempting to reduce screen, the screen moved left. Attempting to enlarge screen, it moved to the right. Shifting the fixed finger ½ to the left and screen sizing worked as expected.
This issue also exhibits itself in the Gallery app. In my opinion I think it is a hardware problem.

Also occasionally the touchscreen does lockup. Putting unit into sleep mode and waking it up restores it to normal.

Bob_D

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: A touchscreen issue - update
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 11:29:38 PM »

On a Friday I called X10 support, explained the issue, got a RMA within 1/2 by email and had the Airpad in the mail the same day.
Exactly one week later, FedEx delivered a "repaired" Airpad. The work order included indicated that the touch screen was replaced. Probably, the whole unit was just swapped out. In any case, the tablet runs great. There are no screen problems. I thank the X10 people for the good service and fast turnaround.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: A touchscreen issue
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 06:29:29 AM »

Thank you for sharing your happy results post.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.