Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: car starter rf siginal  (Read 8255 times)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: car starter rf siginal
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 06:49:05 AM »

Let me add that I don't have a garage to park in, that my remote starter won't let the car go into gear without the actual key being in the ignition (depress the brake, the ignition goes off without the key in it), and that when the fire tone goes off, my lights come on and the car is pre-started and waiting for my trek to the station.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 08:54:53 AM »

..... Some of these automation ideas seem like an awful lot of hard work :)

It sure can be! I enjoy the automation... and the safety and security it adds to the household. But has automation saved me any time... or even effort? Maybe not.

Security is a big deal. And with current tough times... security seems more important with each pasting day. I have the garage door reminder because I hate having the garage door left open. An open garage door is a sure fire way to have your home invaded or just your tools and stuff taken. But I live in a city... and I realize not everyone has the same security concerns I am forced to consider.

......... when the fire tone goes off, my lights come on and the car is pre-started and waiting for my trek to the station.

Your home is an automation marvel. Your projects have inspired countless thousands of users of automation and hobbyist world wide (and ME). You should publish more about your setup.... like you have so much spare time.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 10:29:15 AM »

FWIW
Very short power interuptions or brownout conditions will still cause Appliance Modules and Lamp Modules to false trigger. So the only way to do something like this safely is to use (at least) two appliance modules in series. The first command turns on the first module which then applies power to a second Appliance Module or Universal Module (garage door opener). A second command (delayed by at least one second) would then activate the second AM and the actual device. Shutting the device down requires the second module to be turned off first followed by turning off the first module, so it requires an automation system and macros.

Otherwise you are going to get a call at work, from your very irrate neighbor and the Coral Springs police, when the electrical storm triggers the 120V, cold war vintage, fan driven, air raid siren in your garage which can be heard two blocks away. Two Appliance Modules in series makes an accidental trigger far less possible, I ended up using three on the air raid siren after getting a letter from the city attourney. Who knew old Civil Defense air raid sirens were not intended to be used as a security alarm?  rofl.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.