Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New version out, 3.318  (Read 16227 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: New version out, 3.318
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 12:25:32 PM »

... The elusive M MTCDDVD associated with a few of my DS10A sensors have vanished.

Well, I got an answer back from one of the developers. It seems the other developer did put in a fix this, right before he left the company. Perhaps that was version 3.317, which was never released to the public.

I'll mark it as fixed in the Bug List.

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 12:47:09 PM »

>!

Good to hear, many thanks Noam.
a helpful for that. :)%

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 10:03:14 PM »

Apparently 3.318 is another buggy version.  One Big bug is if you install it, you cannot go back to an older version, 3.318 won't let you. The only recourse is to uninstall AHP (make sure your .ahx files are backed up on another drive or separate media before uninstalling or you loose everything and have to reinstall all your modules/timers and any macros.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 09:19:28 AM »

Apparently 3.318 is another buggy version.  One Big bug is if you install it, you cannot go back to an older version, 3.318 won't let you. The only recourse is to uninstall AHP (make sure your .ahx files are backed up on another drive or separate media before uninstalling or you loose everything and have to reinstall all your modules/timers and any macros.
Dan -
Thanks for reporting this.
I tried this myself, and I confirmed it on my machine, as well. I tried rolling back to both 3.316 and 3.315, using both the updater, and the full install.
I'll add it to the bug list, and report it to the developers.

EDIT: Did you notice any other bugs (besides this one)?

--Noam
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:26:02 AM by Noam »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 02:18:48 PM »

Not that I noticed.   The bug I found is a PITA to get rid of, plus I hadn't backed up my .ahx files before totally uninstalling it, so now the tedious process of recreating the all the .ahx files I had, one at a time.   Dumb me.   Won't catch me doing that again!! 

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »

... plus I hadn't backed up my .ahx files before totally uninstalling it...
I haven't uninstalled AHP in a long time.
Does it really delete the AXH files when it uninstalls?
What happens if you store them in a different folder (you can store them anywhere you want, as long as AHP can get to them to open them)?

(Note: this is NOT a product plug - just passing along what I do)
I have a nightly backup routine, that backs up my data folder (where I keep my AHX files - and just about everything else) to a second hard drive. I use a program called SyncBackSE, which is small, inexpensive (yes, I know there are free products out there, too), and does nice incremental backups, with versioning capability (I have it set to keep 14 previous versions of each file). It helps prevent accidental deletions, as long as the files were on the hard drive overnight to get backed up initially.
I know there are other products out there that will monitor the drive, and backup new files as soon as they appear. I didn't need that, though.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 07:20:58 PM »

... plus I hadn't backed up my .ahx files before totally uninstalling it...
I haven't uninstalled AHP in a long time.
Does it really delete the AXH files when it uninstalls?
What happens if you store them in a different folder (you can store them anywhere you want, as long as AHP can get to them to open them)?

(Note: this is NOT a product plug - just passing along what I do)
I have a nightly backup routine, that backs up my data folder (where I keep my AHX files - and just about everything else) to a second hard drive. I use a program called SyncBackSE, which is small, inexpensive (yes, I know there are free products out there, too), and does nice incremental backups, with versioning capability (I have it set to keep 14 previous versions of each file). It helps prevent accidental deletions, as long as the files were on the hard drive overnight to get backed up initially.
I know there are other products out there that will monitor the drive, and backup new files as soon as they appear. I didn't need that, though.

If you uninstall AHP without backing up the .ahx files, you loose them.   That's why I recommend always backing up the .ahx files to separate media, so if the PC happens to die, the .ahx files are not lost.

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 09:53:36 AM »

Noticed a possible bug.  ???  After the upgrade, I now receive duplicate emails from my Alerts within AHP.  For example, I have setup within AHP, to email me when doors open up with the DS10a.  I always received one email notification that the particular door opened; now I get it twice.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,
Nate

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 10:07:20 AM »

Noticed a possible bug.  ???  After the upgrade, I now receive duplicate emails from my Alerts within AHP.  For example, I have setup within AHP, to email me when doors open up with the DS10a.  I always received one email notification that the particular door opened; now I get it twice.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,
Nate
Nate -
I have seen something similar (but not exactly the same), but it actually was introduced much earlier than this version. In my case, anything that the CM15A was doing from the time the PC was booted (or X10nets was restarted) until I opened AHP would happen twice (macros would run twice, timer events would run twice, etc). Once I opened AHP (even if I closed it afterward), it went back to the normal operation of running everything once. I reported this to the developers back in March.

Is AHP open when you are doing this testing?
Do other commands run twice, as well?
If you have a macro that runs a sequence of events (or can create one), can you test to see if each item runs twice? The way it happens for me (and I haven't tested with e-mails), the entire sequence runs through, then it runs the sequence a second time (as opposed to running each command twice).
It seems to happen for me only with macros and timers.
If anyone else can reproduce this, I'll add it to the bug list and report it to the developers. They may ask for more information so they can reproduce the results.
If, however, it is the same thing I'm seeing, then it is already in the list.

Loveheart

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Name of my BVC is Lisa
    • Lisa.x10
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 03:17:55 PM »

When comes the update version for europa ???
Greetings Loveheart

My WebSite:  http://lisa-x10.webklik.nl/
don't forget to sign my guestbook !

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 03:21:31 PM »

We have no clue on European versions and updates.
X10 doesn't even give us any advanced notice when ours is updated.

Loveheart

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Name of my BVC is Lisa
    • Lisa.x10
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 04:12:54 PM »

Maby better,than all problems with the new update and sdk already sold  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Greetings Loveheart

My WebSite:  http://lisa-x10.webklik.nl/
don't forget to sign my guestbook !

npampel

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 02:07:39 PM »

Thanks,
Nate
Nate -
I have seen something similar (but not exactly the same), but it actually was introduced much earlier than this version. In my case, anything that the CM15A was doing from the time the PC was booted (or X10nets was restarted) until I opened AHP would happen twice (macros would run twice, timer events would run twice, etc). Once I opened AHP (even if I closed it afterward), it went back to the normal operation of running everything once. I reported this to the developers back in March.

Is AHP open when you are doing this testing?
Do other commands run twice, as well?
If you have a macro that runs a sequence of events (or can create one), can you test to see if each item runs twice? The way it happens for me (and I haven't tested with e-mails), the entire sequence runs through, then it runs the sequence a second time (as opposed to running each command twice).
It seems to happen for me only with macros and timers.
If anyone else can reproduce this, I'll add it to the bug list and report it to the developers. They may ask for more information so they can reproduce the results.
If, however, it is the same thing I'm seeing, then it is already in the list.
Hi Noam,

Sorry did not log in over the weekend.
Did not realize this maybe an earlier bug as it did not rear it's ugly head for me until this latest update of 3.318.  All my macros and timers appear to run normally it just seems to only be with the email notifications from DS10a macros.  I have the CM15a plugged into my AHP pc that runs 24x7 with AHP, BVC, WeatherAloud and NewsAloud.  I will be glad to test further, as i have many Macros and timers (timed events). One thing to note, is that this issue only stems from a DS10a macro to email me if one has been triggered.  I do not get a duplicate email when a MS16a motion sensor is tripped. Weird.  ???
I will review my Activity monitor and keep an eye on other items such as the macro's within the Activity monitor.

Cheers,
Nate

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »

Nate -
I don't any security sensors, or the Onalert module, so I can't tell you for sure if it is the same issue or not.
Is this a macro triggered by the DS10A, or is there a built-in option to send an e-mail when the sensor is triggered?

If it is a macro, check the Activity monitor. Do you see the macro being triggered twice?

npampel

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 04:55:39 PM »

Nate -
I don't any security sensors, or the Onalert module, so I can't tell you for sure if it is the same issue or not.
Is this a macro triggered by the DS10A, or is there a built-in option to send an e-mail when the sensor is triggered?

If it is a macro, check the Activity monitor. Do you see the macro being triggered twice?

Hi Noam,

It is a macro triggered by the DS10A to send an email. And this duplicate email just started after the 3.318 upgrade, at least for me.  I am not home right now, but I logged in remotely and ran the macro manually and it worked as it should with one email sent.  Of course the Activity monitor did not show the activity; so now when I get home, I will open the door and check the Activity monitor to see the log and keep you posted.  Hey Noam, Thanks for your help on this.

Cheers,
Nate
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.