Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New version out, 3.318  (Read 16228 times)

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: New version out, 3.318
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 12:01:24 PM »

Noticed after monitoring my Activity monitor that some (only some) macro's are duplicated but not all.  ??? ???  And it just started for me with this latest update; which is very bizarre, especially if this bug was introduced in the past. 

Noam, you were able to get normal operation by closing AHP and restarting?

I tried rebooting, closing AHP and making sure x10net was terminated and restarted AHP, but so far the duplicated emails remain or duplication of some macros.

Thanks,
Nate

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 12:16:28 PM »

Noticed after monitoring my Activity monitor that some (only some) macro's are duplicated but not all.  ??? ???  And it just started for me with this latest update; which is very bizarre, especially if this bug was introduced in the past. 

Noam, you were able to get normal operation by closing AHP and restarting?

I tried rebooting, closing AHP and making sure x10net was terminated and restarted AHP, but so far the duplicated emails remain or duplication of some macros.

Thanks,
Nate

Nate -
It sounds like a bug (but it might be part of the existing bug, and not a new one).
What are the triggers for those macros?
Is there a difference between macros triggered by a DS10A and those triggered by other things (motion sensor, PalmPad, timer, other non-security device)?
Are you seeing the command send by the DS10A twice in the Activity Monitor? (perhaps it got jostled, and the switch triggers twice for the same motion?)
Is there a difference if you restart the PC (WITHOUT opening AHP), and then open AHP (closing it afterward is fine)?

The symptoms I see are that macros or timers seem to run twice between the time that the X10nets service was started (either from the PC booting up, or me stopping and restarting the service), and the time AHP is opened for the first time. Once AHP has been opened (even if I close it again), I don't get the duplicate commands.

I haven't seen any other reports of this, and I don't have a DS10A to test with, but I'll make sure the developers are aware of it, because I'm sure they have the components to test it with.

npampel

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 01:46:43 PM »

Hi Noam,

Attached are some snapshots of my macros and activity monitor. I have all my DS10a for all doors email me as in the jpg attachments which I now get twice. I have a MS16a in the mailbox that emails me (I did not include in pictures, but can if needed) when it sense motion of the mailbox door and then emails me to let me know that I have mail; I get this email once as I expect.  It is the same type of macro, except the HC/UC is the trigger rather than a DS10a trigger and sends an email.  So to answer your question: "Is there a difference between macros triggered by a DS10A and those triggered by other things (motion sensor, PalmPad, timer, other non-security device)?" I would say "No, except the HC/UC and sensor trigger.

For your other questions:
Are you seeing the command send by the DS10A twice in the Activity Monitor? No
Is there a difference if you restart the PC (WITHOUT opening AHP), and then open AHP (closing it afterward is fine)? I will need to try, as I have AHP in the Windows StartUp Folder, so I will need to remove and try.

Again thanks for all your help and working through this.  I will keep you posted as to the last question.

Hopefully we can get this resolved, as it is filling up my Inbox like crazy!!  :o :'(

Thanks,
Nate

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 02:04:51 PM »

Nate -
If AHP opens automatically when you start the PC, then it sounds like a different (but possible related) bug.
I'll add it to the list, I guess.

If it ALWAYS happens with a "Security" triggered Macro, and it NEVER happens with a "HC/UC" triggered macro, then it definitely sounds like consistent enough behavior.

The only other thing I might suggest is to add in a 0-second delay at the beginning of the macro, and see if that makes any difference in the way it executes (though I doubt it will).

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2011, 01:05:16 AM »

I've had the same issue of duplicate email alerts sent to my cell phone since the upgrade to 3.318.  It happens with any security macro event triggered by any security module/controller, ie. - motion sensor, window sensor, arming device, etc.  Activity log shows only the single event, but still get 2 text messages.  Hmm -:) is this considered a bug or an enhancement - gets your attention doesn't it!  :'

npampel

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2011, 11:56:53 AM »

Thanks for the confirmation, Delibaker.  It definitely gets your attention but if you use the email feature, it fills your inbox up quick.  I have the email sent to my phone, or I should say I receive my emails on my phone,  ;) and it is a pain to filter through that mess.

Cheers,
Nate

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2011, 08:44:02 PM »

Thanks for the confirmation. It definitely sounds like a bug to me.
I've already added the bug to the list, and let the developers know about it.

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2011, 12:10:33 AM »

Thanks for the confirmation, Delibaker.  It definitely gets your attention but if you use the email feature, it fills your inbox up quick.  I have the email sent to my phone, or I should say I receive my emails on my phone,  ;) and it is a pain to filter through that mess.

Cheers,
Nate

Hi Nate,

I have my notifications emailed to my cell phone carrier who then forwards them to my phone as a text message which arrives within 30 - 45 seconds after the event.  Set the notifications up as usual but use your carriers messaging service email address.  I use Sprint and the email address to send to is xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com, where x's are my cell #.  Then no need to filter the text messages.

HTH,

DeliBaker
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.